• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Convert XTS3000 model 1 to 2 without S-Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamonttreid

Premium Subscriber
I have an XTS3000 model 1 (H09UCC9PW5BN) flashcode: 1000008-000480-9. I recently came accross another XTS3000 model 2 "k" split that wouldnt power on. I was looking to convert my model 1 to a model 2 for some time now, and since these were both B versions, I figured I would give it a go. After swapping cases and powering up the radio, the LCD displays Self Test and functions as normal, except for the LCD. It has two rows of character blocks when changing channels or functions, and just 1 row of character blocks when sitting idle or scanning. Also, when the radio is put into service mode it does display the firmwares and codeplug and other data, but only the numerical portion is correct, the words are random symbols or characters. (I attached some pics showing what the LCD is doing). So the LCD seems to function, but isn't getting the correct data, being the radio is a model 1.

I was reading somewhere about somebody who was attempting a similar conversion, and was trying to edit the s-record to get the display working correctly. I do not have an s-record for a model 2 "800mhz" radio, and was curious if anyone has successfully converted a model 1 to a model 2 without an s-record. When I compare a model 1 to a model 3 s-record that I do have for "UHF" in a hex editor, it is clear there are some sort of display settings in the model 3, that are not present in the model 1 s-record. Is it possible to maybe copy or write some sort of settings or instructions for the radio to identify the LCD screen and make it display correctly? I am at a dead end and do not know what else to do. I cannot find an s-record anywhere. If anyone might be able to help, the radio info is,

Model: H09UCC9PW5BN
Serial: 326AYY2980
Flashcode: 1000008-000480-9
Firmware: R06.72.00
DSP Software: N08.03.05

Has anyone else tried this?

Attachments

• 20160926_060615-480x853.jpg
    20160926_060615-480x853.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 511
  • 20160926_060719-480x853.jpg
    20160926_060719-480x853.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 544
  • 20160926_060730-480x853.jpg
    20160926_060730-480x853.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 20160926_060740-480x853.jpg
    20160926_060740-480x853.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 547
  • 20160926_060814-480x853.jpg
    20160926_060814-480x853.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:

lamonttreid

Premium Subscriber
Anybody? All I've managed to do to get the display working, is to put in a model 3 uhf srecord. But of course I get the FAIL 001 message, along with an unprogrammed sort of tone. Would it be easier to convert the UHF to 800? Could someone please help me out?

cmdrwill

Jamming a s-record in your radio can alter all the radio's tuning values, the alignment will be off.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
To do upgrades or modifications properly you need to read and save your original "S" record, and read and write down tuning values before anything. Save the donors radio info also.("S" and tuning). Next you will need the proper "S" record for what you are doing. Jamming in wrong ones can actually result in a bricked radio.

lamonttreid

Premium Subscriber
You are going to need to pull an s-record from the codeplug supersite.

I've only seen codeplug files on there. Many people have requested various S-records, but I've yet to see any pop up on Codeplug Supersite. Unless I'm missing something.

I do have the S-rec and tuning values saved on the desktop and on a separate flash drive. I made sure to do that before I started tinkering with the hex editor.

So, I guess there is no way, or atleast any way that anyone is aware of, to modify the current S-rec to achieve proper function of the LCD display? I want to believe that someone on here has the knowledge to do such a thing. It would be great to no longer have to get a new S-rec to go from a model 1 to a model 2, because finding an S-rec is proving to be almost an impossible task. I've looked all over the place.

Does anyone have an S-record for a model 2, that they would be willing to donate to help get my radio up and running? I have a UHF model 3 S-rec, and this 800 model 1 S-rec that I could help out with if anyone is looking for one.

com501

Some of us have the knowledge, but like our jobs too much to share in an open forum, and Federal jail time sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.