• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS 13.5 screen resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6PIV

I just installed CPS 13.5 on a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 fully patched and for some reason the application goes from full screen to something so small that it is unreadable whenever I select one of the menu options. This problem occurs with both the the built in screen and an external monitor. The picture attached is a full size screen shot. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Art

Attachments

• CPS 13.5 on Dell XPS13.jpg
    CPS 13.5 on Dell XPS13.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 554

KA5YTH

I have CPS on my Win10 surface and have to switch between tablet mode and regular mode to get the buttons big enough to read. Don't remember which mode it is that works best.

hockeyref2

In shortcut properties to CPS, on the compatibility tab, I had to click "Override high DPI scaling behavior... Things go so tiny when I had my laptop off of its dock.

Seen on 14.0 and 16.0.

N6PIV

In shortcut properties to CPS, on the compatibility tab, I had to click "Override high DPI scaling behavior... Things go so tiny when I had my laptop off of its dock.

Seen on 14.0 and 16.0.

Thank you hockeyref2! This did the trick. For anyone else with this problem, here is a list of what I did to make this work:

Find the file mototrbocps and right click on it and select properties
Click on the "Compatibility" tab
Click on "Change high DPI settings"
Check the box "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings"
I did not need to click on "Open Advanced scaling settings" and make any changes
Under Use the DPI that set for my main display when: Select "I open this program"
Do not check the box Override high DPI scaling behavior.
Click on OK

Exit out of CPS if it running and then open it again. I tested with a Dell XPS13 and with an external monition and both worked as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.