• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

900 XTS2500 FPP in 902/927

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

What's the deal with this? Many people claim while the 900 XTS2500 will do FPP in the commercial band, they will not in the 902/927 ham band. That's exactly how my radio works. But I have seen film clips on You Tube where a 900 XTS 2500 does it perfectly in the ham band. A fellow from California offered to "fix" my radio to allow it to work, but I don't care to send my radio across the country to a total stranger. My radio has current FW, & a FC of 500098-00148C-6. It had a FPP FC, but since it didn't work at 902/927, I took it out. Is there a special FC that allows FPP in the ham band to work? What's the secret here? There's several of us who would like this feature in our radios.

N4KVE

Success!! My friend figured out a way to get the FPP option to work in the 902/927 band. No Depot tools or anything. Since he figured out how to get the FPP to work on a XPR6550, I knew he could do this. Took him about an hour. Similar to getting a 450-512 radio to work in the ham band. Now FPP works everywhere, ham & commercial.

N4KVE

Any XTS2500 can easily be hex edited to work the 902/927 ham band. The problem is getting a FPP flash code in your radio, & then getting FPP to work in the ham band vs only working in the commercial band. My friend is not quite there yet. While it was FPP in the ham portion, the first time I wrote something with my laptop, FPP in the ham band went away, but it still works in the commercial band. He's still working on a fix for that. The FPP flash code we are using is 520001-001104-9, so the first step would be to install that flash code in your 900 XTS2500 radio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.