RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 12:33 PM

Red face Motorola Radius M1225 Programming

I recently purchased a M1225 off Ebay and ot my GMRS license. The radio has one channel programmed into it and it is a business frequency. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area that has the software and cable to do this and would help me get this first one programmed. I only want two channels programmed in. One of which being with repeater frequencies. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2017, 6:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitheadDeSo View Post
I recently purchased a M1225 off Ebay and ot my GMRS license. The radio has one channel programmed into it and it is a business frequency. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area that has the software and cable to do this and would help me get this first one programmed. I only want two channels programmed in. One of which being with repeater frequencies. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I can help you but I am in San Diego Ca.
Old 01-11-2017, 2:56 PM

Maybe you still can, I have been looking at the different cables and know that I need a USB compatible one. However I read the reviews of a lot of the cables and they say that it wouldn't work with their unit. So what I am asking is, do you know where to find a cable that will definitely work kinda of thing, Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 01-17-2017, 9:25 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Chithead,

While it IS possible to program an M1225 with a USB programming cable, they play best with a computer with a real RS-232 serial port.

That being said, if that is not an option for you ( which it sounds like that is the case) they play best with a Windows XP computer using the USB cable.
I *may* have programmed one of mine with a Win 7 system, but ( and, my memory is pretty foggy on this) it did not like it and it sucked.

I have a dedicated XP laptop with a serial port that I use for programming all of my /\/\ stuff now, so it's no longer an issue, but the first computer I used to program my M1225's was an Asus EeePC Netbook running XP home, with a serial to USB adapter and a serial cable. You WILL have to play around in Device Manager to get the port settings right.

The RSS is pretty self explanatory and very straightforward, if you can get a legitimate copy of it.

I hope this helps you out some.