• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xtl 2500 uhf

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
i need help im programming a xtl 2500 uhf i can read and write and put in a alias but after all is said and done i cannot get any rx or tx if i key up mic, i got right pl tone and all any help would be great thanks rich.

jim202

i need help im programming a xtl 2500 uhf i can read and write and put in a alias but after all is said and done i cannot get any rx or tx if i key up mic, i got right pl tone and all any help would be great thanks rich.

Not trying to be a hard butt on you, but how do you expect to get any help if you don't supply even the simple basic information we need to help you.

It would help to know where you are in the country to start with. That way there may be someone locally that might be a mentor to you to help program the radio.

Then it sure would help if you told us what radio agency or business your trying to set your radio up on. Let me say one important thing here before someone else jumps your case. If your not the licensee on the license, you will need to get a letter of authorization to have your radio on their system. If this is for ham use, you need to be up front with us so we can know what we are dealing with in order to help you.

If your trying to get on a repeater, you need to know which is the input frequency and which is the output frequency. So it is important that this information is supplied correctly. It would help if you could supply the call sign of the radio system your trying to get on. This would allow us to double check the frequencies and be able to help you get them programmed into the radio correctly.

Another issue is the UHF band is set up in different models of the radios to cover the frequency range the radio needs to operate in. If you have a radio set for the wrong range, you may be out of luck to get it to work correctly on the frequencies your looking to program into the radio.

Go pull the model information off of the tag on the radio chassis. Don't need the serial number. If you have read the radio with the software, you can obtain the model number with the software. The model number will tell us what range the radio was built for. If your trying to program frequencies into it for a different range, it won't work. The VCO will probably be out of lock and you will get nothing.

It is also a good idea to have saved the radio programming when you first got the radio. With the software to program the XTL series radios, you can use a different name each time you save the radio. I tend to add the date and time to the saved name so I know when I last programmed the radio. That way I can go back and retrieve a specific codeplug if I need to change the radio programming.

As I do a large amount of travel, the radio can not hold all the frequencies I need. So I have created a codeplug for the different regions I travel to. So this way I can pull the programming for the region I am going to from the computer and not loose it when I change regions. It also makes it easy to make changes as I keep the same region name and just change the date. You will notice the software puts the radio serial number in the file name first. Then you just add the file name to add the region and date to it.

Hope this helps you to get started on the right foot to solve your problems. Give us some feedback so you can resolve your problem.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
xtl 2500

ok i will try that let me get all of info before i post i apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.