RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum - For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 12:43 PM

Default HT750 Programming Issues

I apologize if this topic has been addressed previously, but I could not find it.

I have a HT750 (AAH25KDC9AA3AN) that came programmed on channel 1 only. I have the CPS and a serial interface cable, and I can read the file from the radio. I added 15 more Conventional Personality and programmed the frequencies and PL tone into each.

I am obviously missing another step or failing to change another setting somewhere. Ch 1 works fine, but when you select Ch 2-16 the speaker emits a solid tone.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a link to a tutorial on the Motorola CPS software or a manual available?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2017, 4:09 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Under Personality Assignment to Zone, Go into Per Asgnmt 1, and then add all of your channels in the order you want. Even though you entered them 1-16, you could technically assign them in any order you want on your channel selector. You can right click on the numbers to the left and add additional rows, up to 16.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:54 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3me View Post
I apologize if this topic has been addressed previously, but I could not find it.

I have a HT750 (AAH25KDC9AA3AN) that came programmed on channel 1 only. I have the CPS and a serial interface cable, and I can read the file from the radio. I added 15 more Conventional Personality and programmed the frequencies and PL tone into each.

I am obviously missing another step or failing to change another setting somewhere. Ch 1 works fine, but when you select Ch 2-16 the speaker emits a solid tone.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a link to a tutorial on the Motorola CPS software or a manual available?

Thank you in advance.
There are some useful videos up on Youtube for the programming the Professional Series of radios.

Kindly read my notes below. What applies to an HT750 generally will apply to all the radios in the Professional Series. If you search on just HT750, you will miss many, many good threads about other radios in the same product line. Almost invariably, that information will apply to your radio, too.

The Professional or Waris Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.
Old 05-19-2017, 7:38 PM

Thank you. That seems to have resolved the channel issues. The problem with using a blank codeplug was that it only had one channel programmed.

Next question. I will be adding the updated front panel with the DTMF keyboard. What programming will I need to change in the codeplug to allow the DTMF tones to work. The only thing I will use them for is making autopatch calls on a local amateur radio repeater. I don't believe that I will need to store any numbers or setup and special keys, although it might be nice to know how to accomplish that as well.

WAKS
Shawnee, KS