• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTVA Installation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey guys, I've got a quick question on the XTVA........

A number of years back when I had a Converta Com for my MTS2000. Because of where it was mounted I had to extend the mic connector. I was able to used CAT 5 and a standard modular jack.

The XTVA I'm going to be putting in my vehicle is coming with the HHCH & where it's going to be located and the angle would put a huge strain on the mic cable. If I make an extension for it would a regular "straight through" cable work? I've perused around looking & checked the manual and really haven't found a solid answer. Just wanted to ask beforehand since I'll be using the HHCH. I don't want to mess anything up or do it for nothing.

Thanks in advance!!

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
What Mr. B said. I extend a mic in my car, and one on my desk with straight CAT5e and a coupler.
Or you could buy the "Custom made Motorola extension cabe" on eBay for $30 ;)

KM4WLV

Good deal. I appreciate the responses. I figured that's what it would be but since this will be my first time with the XTVA series I wanted to double check.

As far as the Motorola extension cable no way I'm buying that. They're too proud of that stuff LOL. Plus I've got about a 600' surplus of CAT 5 and an a$$load of modular plugs and jacks.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Most of my dealings with Motorola HHCHs have been 25 condoctor cables…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Boh

Most of my dealings with Motorola HHCHs have been 25 condoctor cables…

DB25 connectors are for W3 HHCH used on Astro and XTL with appropriate CHIB.

The HHCH for the XTVA looks the same as the W3 but uses an RJ45 connector. It’s used in place of and interchangeably with any standard Motorola mic with an RJ45 connector.

69299e5cfb117ccae18e024e165828dc.jpeg

mikegilbert

MHz so good
I managed to score a box of Motorola car phone handset extension cables a few years ago on ebay. They're perfect for the XTVA as the end of the cable has some mounting points.

KM4WLV

Guys, thanks for the responses. I'm sorry it took so long to respond back. I've got the XTVA w/ HHCH I'll be installing in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited when the weather improves a bit. Have any of you guys ever used them & if so are there any little quirks/issues associated with them?

I've already updated the 5000's codeplug so they're ready to go when I get it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Guys, thanks for the responses. I'm sorry it took so long to respond back. I've got the XTVA w/ HHCH I'll be installing in my 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited when the weather improves a bit. Have any of you guys ever used them & if so are there any little quirks/issues associated with them?

I've already updated the 5000's codeplug so they're ready to go when I get it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Use mine every day no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.