• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Connecting the Motorola XLT5000 to a receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabian91

Hi all, I am trying to connect the Motorola XLT 5000 to a receiver at my local station to improve the audio throughout the station, as we can currently only hear it if we are next to the front door. Making it hard to hear fire calls when in the kitchen, meeting rooms and main office.

This question may have been asked in the past but I have not been able to find a solution.

Other stations have just cut the wire leading in to the base speaker, where as I feel there is a better and safer way of doing this.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Pull RX Filtered Audio off the rear accessory connector and put it into something like a Bogden PA amplifier with PA's throughout the station.

MatRat80109

I run a system that provides an input to a Bogden amp feeding about 30 speakers. The radio is an APX 6500 upgraded from an XTL 5000. I use the HKN6187 cable which connects to the red power port of the remote O5 head.

This solution does require the trunk mount radio model. We had these on hand and eliminating the DC bas hum that the previous solution had was well worth it. I also needed quick and simple. The cable provides a dual mini-headphone jacks of which at least one is not affected by the radio volume control knob. There is the normal speaker connector for a local speaker.

Attached is a picture of the dual jack, 3mm I believe. They have icons and it looks like one is recorder and the other is headphones. I have an adapter to convert it to the RCA my amp cable needs.

MR

Attachments

• HKN6160B Radio Cable.jpg
    HKN6160B Radio Cable.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 116

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
As Project25 said, filtered audio out.

I had a few CDM-1250's set up like that at our station.
Since we used 2 tone paging, we had two channels on the radio set up on the primary dispatch channel.
One channel was the "day" channel. All audio was received and sent to the amplifier.
The other channel was the "night" channel. Two tone paging alert would trigger the alert tone and then pass audio to the amplifier. That way at night they didn't have to listen to all the traffic. Paging was set to reset after 2 minutes. 2 minutes as either enough time to get out of the station on the call, or for the call to get cancelled. I think we had a button set up to reset, also. You can also set up a relay to turn on station lights.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
As Project25 said, filtered audio out.

I had a few CDM-1250's set up like that at our station.
Since we used 2 tone paging, we had two channels on the radio set up on the primary dispatch channel.
One channel was the "day" channel. All audio was received and sent to the amplifier.
The other channel was the "night" channel. Two tone paging alert would trigger the alert tone and then pass audio to the amplifier. That way at night they didn't have to listen to all the traffic. Paging was set to reset after 2 minutes. 2 minutes as either enough time to get out of the station on the call, or for the call to get cancelled. I think we had a button set up to reset, also. You can also set up a relay to turn on station lights.

That’s how we used to do it as well. Once we had a department tell us they wanted audio from the control station to be local unless it there was a page (P25 system). The way that one was configured was using a CDM for two tone alert (which would flip a relay connected to the APX and route the P25 audio into the PA system).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.