RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Motorola Forum

Motorola Forum For general discussion of Motorola land mobile radio equipment and their trunking technologies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 8:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default MYS2000 Flashport codeplug question

Good morning, all -

I have an MTS2000 Flashport that was donated to the fire department, but service mode shows R 06.11 and my ancient (from 2003) CPS is only R01.10.00.

Model: H01SDD9PW1BN
s/n: 432AYQ0533 Z
Type: RUDA
Flashcode: 0000010000009

If I program an older codeplug in CPS, will I be able to program it to the radio? Anyone have such a codeplug lying around? I believe the radio is blank - comes up "TEST" after the POST.

Greg
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Chances are that TEST is a name of a channel in the radio. When you key it up, does the red tx light turn on? It's also possible they just put a RX only profile in it. The cps used last to program the radio is the minimum version that may be used in the future to do programming, so if the shop that 'cleaned' the unit had the latest version, you also will.

-Mike
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM

You will find out as soon as you try to read the radio whether or not the cps will be able to work with it. If the radio reads fine (doesn't give a "codeplug too new" error), then you will be able to write to the radio just fine.

The cps, as far as I know, will not create a codeplug from scratch, so creating an older one to write to the radio is not an option, unfortunately.
Old 11-05-2007, 1:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OK - I appreciate the input, but I guess I was not being clear...

I have tried to program the radio with CPS 1.10.00 - which says the CPS is too old. I was inquiring: 1) if anyone had a codeplug that had been read with CPS 1.10.00 or earlier; 2) If I could modify that codeplug and program it into the radio with my CPS.

Greg
Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

From what I have read, putting in an older codeplug may very well turn the radio into a brick.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2007, 9:24 AM

Your best best is to get newer CPS
Old 11-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Firmware revision's on the MTS shouldn't make too much of a difference as to wether CPS 1.0 can program it or not.

Have you tried reading the radio yet? If you can read and view the codeplug, then you can write the radio. There is no harm done to the radio if your CPS can't read it. If you try reading the radio, and it says "Codeplug too new for application", then you know you need newer CPS.