• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM 300 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootindwn

I've been programming my own radios for many years now. I do mostly all Motorola stuff with alittle playing with GE Ericsson but I just got a new CM 300 and I can not program it. I have another CM 300 beside it on the bench and I can program it no problem. I get error # 2437 Code plug version not supported.
I am using the commercial series customer programming software V-R02.04

REDave

You will probably need to buy a new version of programming software. I think they change versions just to make money on their software, a pain in the back-side, more ways than one.

N1GTL

Database Admin
The current CPS for the CM300 is version 5.06 which has been out since April 07. Your version is pretty old.

shootindwn

The hoops I had to go through to get the versions I have now...wow... now I need to get new software to program my new radio...Thanks everyone for the responces, I figured that was the issue, but needed to confirm my thoughts...back to the drawing board to find 5.06...Thanks,
Troy.

shootindwn

Ahhh friends are good, I got 5.05 today will give it a try later tonight or tomorrow...Thanks for everyones input....wish our fav russian web site had not changed his password...it would have bee alot easier...I did what was required to get the password the first time around..now I guess we have to do it all again to get the new one?

SentinelVT

Obtaining Software

Would any of you guys make a copy of that software for me? I am having a hard time finding a copy of it. Or... is there somewhere I can buy it from?

(Version 5.05)

Thanks

bezking

Would any of you guys make a copy of that software for me? I am having a hard time finding a copy of it. Or... is there somewhere I can buy it from?

(Version 5.05)

Thanks

BUY it from Motorola. The CPS (PN RVN4191L - v5.7) is $199 for 3 years of updates, not including a RIB and cables (which you seem to already have). You may call motorola to buy it or you can create an account at Motorola Online and buy it online.

BTW: Please READ: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74748

Last edited:

FFEMT1A

Bringing an old one out of retirement!!! I recently purchased a CM300 radio, and have the latest V5.07 program from motorola. I bought a "ribless" cable to program it via USB/serial. The cable is recognized by the CPS program, but does not see the radio. Anyone have any ideas???

PS the cable i bought says it is for this radio.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
is the cable for the CM or for CMD/GM/M series? if it says it supports anything other than the CM then it is wrong. you need to make an adapter to move the data line for the CM series, for some ingenious reason M changed it on this radio line. i think batlabs has the pinout required.

FFEMT1A

The cable is labeled as GM300..... so I guess I need to make the adapter. Thanks for the info!!!

Ok... now I feel really dumb!! Since I am "RIBLESS" I dont have a pinout to reference the rib box as shown on batlabs site. I have 4 wires in my crystal RJ45 plug.... anyone have ANY clue what color is what? Since I need only 2 wires to make this work..( I suck at math, how many combinations is that?)

I hate asking so many what sound like dumb questions...LOL

FFEMT1A

Ok... now I feel really dumb!! Since I am "RIBLESS" I dont have a pinout to reference the rib box as shown on batlabs site. I have 4 wires in my crystal RJ45 plug.... anyone have ANY clue what color is what? Since I need only 2 wires to make this work..( I suck at math, how many combinations is that?)

I hate asking so many what sound like dumb questions...LOL

Guess it would help if I told you I have RED WHITE GREEN and BLACK wires.

SD70MAC

cps

I know that CPS 5.12 has a was out in 2009 ,so I bet there is a newer one now.

stagnuts

So i am having the same problem programming the CM300. It starts to read it and gets to about 80% and than says the region is not supported. Starting to get annoyed. Any help would be great. Thanks Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.