• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MPT1327 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Could/Would/Should a MPT1327 system have the same SiteID on different frequencies?

Here's my problem. I can tune into several control channels and get their SiteID. One thing I'm seeing though, is that on the Adjacent Sites list, those SiteIDs and Channel numbers don't make sense.

I have the correct base frequency plugged in... so why would it point to a wrong channel?

Should I just not trust the Adjacent site data that's given?

Last edited:

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Could/Would/Should a MPT1327 system have the same SiteID on different frequencies?

Here's my problem. I can tune into several control channels and get their SiteID. One thing I'm seeing though, is that on the Adjacent Sites list, those SiteIDs and Channel numbers don't make sense.

I have the correct base frequency plugged in... so why would it point to a wrong channel?

Should I just not trust the Adjacent site data that's given?
Don't know if this will answer your question.

1. It seems that a lot of systems come out with a Default SiteID (2309 - I think), so if the people setting up the systems don't bother changing the Default SiteID, you end with a number of unrelated Sites in an area, all with the same SiteID.

2. In Australia, we often have a VHFsystem, and a UHF system on the same Site. Both systems are owned by the same Business, and have the same SiteID. The two systems are NOT interconnected.

--
Comint

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the response. Apparently, our power company decided to emulate the rest of the Western USA and upgraded to this fancy MPT-1327 system. It's on 217 Mhz.

At times, we've had really bad storms and my guess is that so repair crews (from any state) don't need to use multiple radios. So these companies decided to all go with the same system.

So far, each control channel seems to use a unique ID but I'm getting conflicting results when looking at Trunkview's adjacent sites. It reports that this site is on X channel but that doesn't jive.

I'm 99% sure that the base frequency is correct as it jives with everything else I've seen/heard.

I'm thinking that I might be picking up an alternate tower with the same ID but on a different frequency -- possibly to increase its range.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
So far, each control channel seems to use a unique ID but I'm getting conflicting results when looking at Trunkview's adjacent sites. It reports that this site is on X channel but that doesn't jive.

I'm 99% sure that the base frequency is correct as it jives with everything else I've seen/heard.

I'm thinking that I might be picking up an alternate tower with the same ID but on a different frequency -- possibly to increase its range.
OK, a quick reply, as I am supposed to be somewhere else.

The Base Frequency concept only works if the system uses contiguous Channels / Frequencies.

In Victoria, Australia, there is a Statewide system that basically goes from Channel 161 (164.0625) to Channel 251 (165.1875) in 12.5 kHz Steps,

You would expect 165.2000 to be Channel 252, but it is Channel 301, and the Channels go on from there up to Channel 364 (165.9875).

In TrunkView, you have to create a Custom Band Plan for this type of system,

Post some of the "wrong" Channel / Frequency pairs, and I might be able to come up with the required plan.

--
Comint

phillmobile

the fist two digits are the operator and the second 2 are the site so for example 0081 is site one and 0089 is site two,00a1 site 3 and son on,so the radios look at the first two digits to see if they should be on that system

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
MPT-1327 Question

Nick I am curious, is the power system you are monitoring using NFM? The reason I ask
is that I am seeing a lot of 1 - 2 second burst of data in the 220-222 mhz range. But the
modulation seems to be ACSB (Amplitude Condensed(?) Side Band). It is possible that it is
LTR. I can monitor LTR but am not familiar with MPT-1327. Does it's control channel burst or
is it continuous. I can't remember the site that has all the sample audio's to compare.
Again the reason I am asking is that I have a Power system close by that is licensed for 220-220.
I've tried Unitrunker, LTRAnalyzer and Trunkview and none of them seem to accept the audio.
I've also tried AM, NFM, USB and DMR with a SDR dongle. The only one to get any audio is the
USB and DMR, and I can hear the spurts of data so I assume that its ACSB.

Thanks;
Mil

SCPD

QRT
Yes the PSE system is using NFM.

Well, 219-225 here is the 1.25m ham band. :) Are you sure it's not APRS or packet data?

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
MPT-1327

220-222.999 was given to business long ago. The FCC database
has alot of inactive users and a few active ones. One is a
Power company in my area. It seems to be sideband and is
not supported by any of any decoder that I can determine.

Thanks;

Mil

Status
Not open for further replies.