• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Taitnet TN3100 system issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillmobile

Hi guys, i own and operate a Taitnet TN3100 system

I have tried several different ways to communicate with Tait and dont get much sense out of anyone, Airsys tell me that there is no tait in the UK anymore and if they refered my issue to Tait that Tait would just pass it back to Airsys

versions as follow

Working system
Sun 5.8
Digi 2.5.0
Node 3.01.01
NMT 3.01.01
SMM 6.10
CMM 5.19

Anyway the problem I have is as follows, during a normal call the timer for the hold does not seem to work correctly, for example lets say that the timer is set to ten seconds and the user A dekeys if user B keys the repeater after say 8 seconds the call will cut off and some times the call will end after a user has only just unkeyed say around 3 or 4 seconds, its like the system does not realise a radio is keyed up, this is the same if pressel frames on (pressel frames create call record).

The system sends a clear down return to cc message but the radio which is keyed and talking still has its audio repeated and can talk for as long as the call length timer allows, the system does not seem to realise that some one is keyed up on this channel and in rare occasions will alocate that channel to a new call even if the previous caller is talking so all of a sudden the taxi is now talking to the skip lorries?

Everything is Tait, T800 series 2 repeaters (black ones)
Tait T1711 channel cards firmware 5.19 and modem 4.04
I have checked the cabling everything seems in order.

So I had realised that the firmware I had was old compared to the manuals I had, so I thought I would contact Tait and see if I could get some advice and hopefully firmware to correct the problem, tait advised me to contact Airsys (UK) who provided me with some new firmware, I programmed a smm and some T1711/T1510 cards and then I realised I could not make group calls and the radios register at the site but the node says they are not registered ( is this related).

I asked Airsys for some advice on this and as I mention above they say they have no point of contact at Tait, so I am stuck now unless there is some one at Tait who can help.

In the short term I wanted to ask if any one has any ideas so I can at least get my site back up and running if there is no fix for this whilst I source equipment from another manufacturer.

Or maybe there is a solution to all this.

Old firmware
smm v6.10
cmm v5.19 modem 4.04

New firmware
smm v7.27
cmm v7.14 modem v7.02

phillmobile

phillmobile

Hi
I have attempted to contact someone usefull at Tait via there web site
i have contacted America twice
UK 3 time
NZ 3 times
and AUS once

My main issue right now is that with the latest firmware for the smm that i can source is that if the site looses contact with the node then group calls are barred.

phillmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.