DMR System 202 in Ontario and Western Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

System ID 202 now has new sites in British Columbia in the North Vancouver district.

Site 20 and 21. No frequencies reported yet for 21.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Are we sure this is connected to the GOTRBO system here in Ontario? Its totally possible that they've just duplicated the SysID?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Actually it looks like it is. Turris Communications bought Glentel last year, and that Site 20 is owned by Turris.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
System ID 202 now has new sites in British Columbia in the North Vancouver district.

Site 20 and 21. No frequencies reported yet for 21.

Judging by TAFL licensed, I think Site 21 is Sumas Mountain. As for frequencies, not too sure but TAFL shows 451.7875 licensed there. Anyone want to take a drive?

mciupa

There's a site in Saskatoon (800mhz) on network 202, should It be added to the gotrbo listing?

I think so.

Ryan, would you mind making up a submission?
I'll look over the info and see.

Thanks! :)

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Are system IDs unique per Connect + system? Reason I ask - it wouldn't make much sense for there to be a GOTRBO site on 800MHz as it wouldn't be compatible with any other system radio.

BC_Scan

North Vancouver is where all our repeaters are (mountaintop) 451.7875 is old RCC out at \sumas mountain in Fraser Valley, A few of the radio shops have made in roads into linking Nextedge into one large Vancouver /Fraser Valley Lower Vancouver Island & Washington system, they are live now as we speak, I will look into more of this one you are refering to and post what I find.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No they aren't unique. I've seen multiple Connect Plus systems with the same SID. If Glentel owns it perhaps they are just recycling the SID? A visit to the GoTRBO website should show something I'd think.

SCPD

QRT
Glentel's two radio business in western Canada was purchased by turris.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Site 14, 15 and 16 are all in Alberta under Glentel. It would make sense if it was all one system

The former Glentel LTR system in Calgary is now Con+ sys 202 site 19, advertising site 15 as a neighbor. The control channel is on 858.9125. Still working on LCN data.

I'm pretty sure I had some Turris returns in my latest license search. I'll try to get them later today and see if I can't give an idea of which site 15 might be. (Red Deer perhaps?)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Found this system in the RRDB in Edmonton... evidently they are using whatever bands they have licenses for.

I presume the Calgary site has yet to gain any subscribers; after nearly 8 hours of DSD+ sitting on the CC, I have had zero activity besides the regular CC idle signal.

mciupa

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As we have DMR bandplan articles in the wiki for the GOTRBO system, should the non-Ontario sites be dropped?

That can be done pretty easily....Mike

mciupa

As we have DMR bandplan articles in the wiki for the GOTRBO system, should the non-Ontario sites be dropped?

That can be done pretty easily....Mike

Yes Mike.

Sorry for the trouble. I focus on amending the database and always forget there are repercussions that follow with the wiki articles.

The non-Ontario should go to a Glentel DMR (202) page which I imagine is blank at the moment.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
After review, GOTRBO is only Ontario based.

As such, the western sites are now in a separate trunked system Turris Communications (202) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies . The license holder for all the western provinces all return to a Burnaby address.

When there is confirmation of Canada-wide coverage from the providers then we can network the Ontario and Glentel system as a whole.

So AFIK, Glentel has gotten out of the two way radio business... I believe the DMR systems they used to own are owned by Turris now.

Last edited by a moderator:

mciupa

So AFIK, Glentel has gotten out of the two way radio business... I believe the DMR systems they used to own are owned by Turris now.

Thanks kayn.

Checking their coverage map coincidentally shows the same sites(almost) as our database.

Turris Communications

I will change the name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.