Tennessee Valley Authority TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator

SCPD

QRT
This is not the forum where I would expect to find information about the TVA. The TVA, as I understand it, is a federal or quasi-federal agency. I would look in the Federal forum. The Dept. of Justice, Federal Protective Service and the U.S. military all have multi-state systems and have been covered in the Federal Forum. When I saw this forum for the first time I associated its title with state and private systems that encompass more than the area of one state.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
TVA CC 406.9125

Reception is so so with my PSR600 on the scantenna in the fairgrounds area. Wish they'd establish a repeater closer to Nashville. New TGID 1111 popped up.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Nothing in the northwestern part of Tennessee (Union City, Milan, Jackson).

Heading to north central part of the state later this weekend - plan on seeing if there's any activity at New Johnsonville and Cumberland City, as well as up at Paradise.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
TVA UHF P25 System

Drove through western KY and western TN today and logged details for the sites at New Johnsonville, Cumberland City, and Paradise. All three sites were active and carrying private calls and/or talkgroups.

These sites are in the 406-412 Mhz band, so monitors may want to search that band segment to see if other sites are operational now throughout the TVA region.

One interesting note is that the systems report all channels as either PRIMARY or ALTERNATE control channels. See attached screen shots.

Database will be updated later this evening.

Attachments

• cumberland city p25.jpg
    cumberland city p25.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 997
  • paradise p25.jpg
    paradise p25.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 953

KD4YGG

Database Admin
The Paradise site is also reporting a VHF trunking table, so this is an indication that there may be some sites in the 162-174 Mhz band.

Attachments

• paradise - trunking tables.jpg
    paradise - trunking tables.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 945

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Posting of the TVA System in RR

This relatively new digital trunked system covers 135 counties in virtually all southeastern states. At the moment, active sites are present in only a handful of locations. As we move forward, the RR Database is certain to be faced with more and more large trunked systems covering multi-state areas - and obviously, many counties, since the Database is county-structured.

Would it be possible to limit posting Database changes (GREEN SHADING) to only those counties where actual site changes or talkgroup changes have occurred. An example of this is shown on today's homepage where a dozen or more counties are shown as having Database revisions when in fact, only one site in one state in one county changed.

I suspect I am but one daily, faithful follower of the Homepage who eagerly anticipates new information in the Database. I leave this with you for consideration.

Metrofire31
Atlanta
WQIT636

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
Found site 0372h-0606 today. Control channel is 407.3125. This is most likely the Kingston Fossil Plant. Information has been submitted to the database.

ecps92

Find the Voice Channels for the site and it will act like a conventional channel.
Put the Radio into Search between 406-420, unless the system is active enough for you to log/write each of the voice channels, then put them in as conventional with NAC Search

How would I find that? I know how to on a conventional channel.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
ran trunking disvocery on the Gallatin site milf helped me id two tgs but theres few i want to post here

1117 mention of Vent clearance and powerhouse

1151 ment of SR 705 that needs replaceing

Status
Not open for further replies.