RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Multi-State Communications Networks


Multi-State Communications Networks - The purpose of this forum is for discussion of trunked or conventional communications networks that span more than one state. They are local government or commercial in nature. For Federal or Military use the appropriate Topic Specific forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2018, 9:59 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 592
Default

The Leonard site is now showing site 8 as a neighbor. No other sites as of now though.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2018, 9:40 AM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wx5uif View Post
The Leonard site is now showing site 8 as a neighbor. No other sites as of now though.
WHat is the frequency associated with site neighbor/peer 8 as well as the RFSS ? If you are running anything that reveals site neighbors/peers, it will also list the active control channel for that site and should list RFSS-Site ID.

I would presume that the site 8 that is its neighbor is the site that is live in Ohio. But, it could be a site located down there that isn't RFSS-Site 8-008.

If it is 8-008 that is listed as the peer, disregard

Thanks

Mike
__________________
Mike / AA8IA - Email: my RR username @gmail
SDS100/BCD436HP/PSR500/PRO197/TRX-1/Airspy R2(x2)/Airspy HF+

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2018, 4:18 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 592
Default

I just took a look and it now isn't broadcasting a peer site... I'll check back in a day or so and see if anything changes. I've yet to hear much traffic on the site here.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centeral Ohio
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5y View Post
What does it sound like? Is there any way for you to post a recording?

Twice now I have seen new P25 sites or systems in my area that transmitted some type of contstant test pattern or BERT for a while when they first went on the air. It isn't control channel data and doesn't decode.
Sorry I have been busy lately and have not checked in on this thread. I am not able to attach a .wav file I can email it though.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2018, 7:46 AM
w8prr's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Liberty, Ohio
Posts: 236
Default

Interesting to me that in the last year or so they replaced the tower at Bellefontaine, OH ( an area where they do not provide electric service, but of course is the highest point in the state. ) with a new self supporting one. They must to be looking at the long term, and a seem committed to a new radio system.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: KZZV - SE Ohio
Posts: 2,702
Default

Saw this in the local news


American Electric Power is proposing
to construct a 350-foot Self-Support
telecommunications tower at Waters
Lane, New Concord, Muskingum
County, OH 43762 (40 07 06.61 N / 81 44
51.53 W). The tower is anticipated to
have FAA Style E lighting. Interested
persons may review the application
for this project at www.fcc.gov/asr/ap
plications and entering Antenna
Structure Registration (ASR) Form
854 File Number A1107696 and may
raise environmental
__________________
SDS-100, BCD536,Hp2(e),HP-1(e)x2, BC780, BCD996t ,BCD996P2, BCD325P2, Pro 2005, 2006(x2), Pro34,VR500,AT803,R5000 and other RF capture devices

Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 9:40 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centeral Ohio
Posts: 182
Default

I noticed a work crew at the Etna, OH site last week. Nothing has changed so far, 858.3625 is the EDACS Control Channel and 860.8875 has the wide constant signal I can not ID.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 9:50 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakkFO View Post
I noticed a work crew at the Etna, OH site last week. Nothing has changed so far, 858.3625 is the EDACS Control Channel and 860.8875 has the wide constant signal I can not ID.
I don't know the purpose, but AEP has been adding a frequency or two to many sites starting earlier this year. In the case of ETNA, they recently added 854.0375 to the license.

I don't know if the were adding these frequencies to be used on the P25 systems to bring them online wtihout having to take channels off the existing system or if there was some other reason. But you might want to check out 854.0375 just to see if there is a P25 control channel on it.

For the sites around here that have had frequencies added, I've seen no activity on the additional freqs, EDACS or P25.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 9:54 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centeral Ohio
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
I don't know the purpose, but AEP has been adding a frequency or two to many sites starting earlier this year. In the case of ETNA, they recently added 854.0375 to the license.

I don't know if the were adding these frequencies to be used on the P25 systems to bring them online wtihout having to take channels off the existing system or if there was some other reason. But you might want to check out 854.0375 just to see if there is a P25 control channel on it.

For the sites around here that have had frequencies added, I've seen no activity on the additional freqs, EDACS or P25.

Mike
854.0375 is in my scan list but no activity this evening
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:14 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakkFO View Post
854.0375 is in my scan list but no activity this evening
Rgr that. I just checked the 6 or 7 control channels that I can hear from Carrollton, and they are all still EDACS. Swept the band with SDR# and found no P25 CCs specific to AEP.

M
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 3:47 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: 3rd plant from the sun
Posts: 9
Default

Anyone up on programming this on a Unication??? So far I've not heard a thing, and I've only shown as out of range
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2018, 4:33 PM
mtindor's Avatar
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Posts: 6,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigarmsp226e2 View Post
Anyone up on programming this on a Unication??? So far I've not heard a thing, and I've only shown as out of range
There are only two sites confirmed to be online at this time -- but there may be many more not reported yet.

American Electric Power P25 Trunking System, various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Leonard OK and Mt Sterling OH. I don't own a Unication or I would tell you. But it wouldn't be any different to program than some other P25 site that you already have in your Unication.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 5:41 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
WHat is the frequency associated with site neighbor/peer 8 as well as the RFSS ? If you are running anything that reveals site neighbors/peers, it will also list the active control channel for that site and should list RFSS-Site ID.

I would presume that the site 8 that is its neighbor is the site that is live in Ohio. But, it could be a site located down there that isn't RFSS-Site 8-008.

If it is 8-008 that is listed as the peer, disregard

Thanks

Mike
Oklahoma site back to broadcasting a neighbor site.

NL: 8.8 857.8125
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
agent orange, dubbin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions