Welp, we lost another one(Omaha police)

Status
Not open for further replies.

westside22

Too bad-it was really starting to pick up in popularity. That was a good feed too-none of the reception problems that the previous broadcaster was constantly fighting.

SquierStrat

How long has it been offline? kinda weird for it to disappear, shortly after the owner created a facebook page for it... (his feeds link takes you right to it)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I regret to inform you all that it indeed is offline permanently. I have personal reasons why this has occurred but I do plan to keep the audio in the community. I plan to make an announcement soon but a quick summary is that I purchased 4 Uniden BCD99xt scanners to each monitor an OPD precinct (NW, NE, SE, and SW) and record audio from each feed. The feeds only record audio (not silence) and are stored on a 3TB hard drive. I will look for help from volunteers who I will give access to the stream (username and password protected to prevent sharing of the link due to bandwidth restrictions). They will send me dates, times, and the channels of interesting audio they hear. I will work to compile this audio and publish it on a new website that I am building where people can listen to it for free.

With this I hope to start an Omaha community (of course not limited to the city limits for the audience) and the site can promote discussions on audio clips and streaming of event packed audio. I don't plan to continue to stream to broadcastify (nothing at fault of broadcastify).

westside22

Awesome! I want to say it was regularly pulling 100+ a night(about double from when it was on RR).

VERY happy to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.