RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Nebraska Radio Discussion Forum

Nebraska Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Nebraska.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 2:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Talking Douglas County 911 Center Update

I was reading from another thread that sarpy and douglas county 911 centers are going to be merging both systems togather as one while remaining at their respective locations. This was quoted from a KETV news item "Sarpy county 911 operators will keep jobs".

I noted with interest that there was going to be an 8 million dollar bond issue for updating the douglas county 911 center. I wonder what this might include, eg, replacement radios, P25 phase II, building expansion??

Will watch with interest!
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0meq View Post
I was reading from another thread that sarpy and douglas county 911 centers are going to be merging both systems togather as one while remaining at their respective locations. This was quoted from a KETV news item "Sarpy county 911 operators will keep jobs".

I noted with interest that there was going to be an 8 million dollar bond issue for updating the douglas county 911 center. I wonder what this might include, eg, replacement radios, P25 phase II, building expansion??

Will watch with interest!

is "p25 phase II" a better sounding quality then p25 phase I?? and if so... will my uniden bcd996xt still be compatible?? I really don't wanna spend the extra $$$ to buy a bcd536hp if I don't have to.
Old 03-24-2014, 7:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

From what i read the bcd 996xt can do p-25 phase1 but not phase 2
Old 03-25-2014, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1952 View Post
From what i read the bcd 996xt can do p-25 phase1 but not phase 2

your 125% right... it cant, my question was is it still the main idea as far as programming? all I can think of without doing research is maybe better sound quality??? maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on this
Old 03-25-2014, 9:52 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Douglas County 911 Center Update

P25 Phase 2 uses TDMA to allow 2 audio channels per frequency. It will increase capacity and frequency efficiency.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Project_25

Eventually the FCC will likely mandate this for narrowbanding, but this is likely many years away for the ORION system as it will be an expensive upgrade.

Audio is about the same as phase 1, but maybe slightly worse due to the added complexity of the vocoder (especially in today's scanners).
Sponsored links