Douglas County 911 Center Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I was reading from another thread that sarpy and douglas county 911 centers are going to be merging both systems togather as one while remaining at their respective locations. This was quoted from a KETV news item "Sarpy county 911 operators will keep jobs".

I noted with interest that there was going to be an 8 million dollar bond issue for updating the douglas county 911 center. I wonder what this might include, eg, replacement radios, P25 phase II, building expansion??

Will watch with interest!

33kracing

I was reading from another thread that sarpy and douglas county 911 centers are going to be merging both systems togather as one while remaining at their respective locations. This was quoted from a KETV news item "Sarpy county 911 operators will keep jobs".

I noted with interest that there was going to be an 8 million dollar bond issue for updating the douglas county 911 center. I wonder what this might include, eg, replacement radios, P25 phase II, building expansion??

Will watch with interest!

is "p25 phase II" a better sounding quality then p25 phase I?? and if so... will my uniden bcd996xt still be compatible?? I really don't wanna spend the extra $$$ to buy a bcd536hp if I don't have to.

33kracing

From what i read the bcd 996xt can do p-25 phase1 but not phase 2

your 125% right... it cant, my question was is it still the main idea as far as programming? all I can think of without doing research is maybe better sound quality??? maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on this :)

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase 2 uses TDMA to allow 2 audio channels per frequency. It will increase capacity and frequency efficiency.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Project_25

Eventually the FCC will likely mandate this for narrowbanding, but this is likely many years away for the ORION system as it will be an expensive upgrade.

Audio is about the same as phase 1, but maybe slightly worse due to the added complexity of the vocoder (especially in today's scanners).

Status
Not open for further replies.