Troop C Dispatch 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0fx

Premium Subscriber
So I've been receiving State P just fine, except for Troop C Dispatch 4. It comes across as encrypted or using a different mode or something - I can't tell exactly what the deal is as I'm pretty new to digital monitoring. Does anyone else experience that? Am I doing something wrong or are they indeed obfusicating their signal in some manner?

ecps92

Nebraska State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

3082 c0a E Trp C Disp 4 Troop C Dispatch 4/Records Law Dispatch

Find your listing, then scroll back up to the line that says
DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
and hold your MOUSE (Mouse-Over) the MODE

E = Encrypted

So I've been receiving State P just fine, except for Troop C Dispatch 4. It comes across as encrypted or using a different mode or something - I can't tell exactly what the deal is as I'm pretty new to digital monitoring. Does anyone else experience that? Am I doing something wrong or are they indeed obfusicating their signal in some manner?

kd0fx

Premium Subscriber
Oh, shoot, I only downloaded the freqs in my programming tool. I never thought to take a look at it like this!
lol, thanks.

kd0fx

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I can see I'm going to have to go back and rethink the groups I'm monitoring.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch 2 and 4 talk groups are encrypted for all NSP troop areas. Mainly used for records check but the dispatcher can assign it for calls if needed. Dispatch 1 and 3 are unencrypted for all troop areas. Some troop areas divide the radio traffic between dispatch 1 and 3. Troop A uses dispatch 1 for all troopers and dispatch 3 for motorist assist vans. Troop B uses (or used to use) dispatch 1 for sgt areas east of Norfolk and Dispatch 3 for sgt areas west of Norfolk. I think the other troop areas split the radio traffic between the two talk groups but I don't know how they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.