ORION update forthcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Over this week (time permitting) the ORION database will be updated/categorized to bring it tighter into the Database standards.

Talkgroup information will largely be unchanged, but the categories will be streamlined and some descriptions be updated to have better readability for those who use display scanners.

Radio site and Category GPS information will be verified and some other backend changes will be made.

Those who use location based scanners and/or use scanners based on counties will benefit from the updates.

I am looking for any official talkgroup/channel information if anyone has it. As with most systems (if known) the short alpha field is typically based on what the user sees on the actual radio display so that scanner users can better track what they are hearing.

For instance, if a fire dispatch channel is labeled (and called on the radio) FIRE TAC 1, I'd like to use that vs RFDTACTICAL1 or some other cryptic lettering - if it works out. Right now there are several that have essentially the same tags which can be confusing.

Please feel free to email or PM me with any questions of submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.