Help programming a 246 for Washoe EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjohn

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I tried to upload a setup for the Washoe EDACS system before I left home yesterday. I'm here now and it doesn't work. Are the LCN's wrong in the database? Any hints? I'm assuming that it's a EDACS narrow system? I also tried reentering it by hand with no success.

Thanks,
John

firemanjohn

Premium Subscriber
Ah ha!

I programmed the system for narrow, instead of wide because the last channel looked narrow to me. I even listened to the system manually and it sounded good. I thought about changing it to narrow, but all told I just wasn't in my room listening to my scanner enough to worry about it.

Many thanks to those who helped me! I'll be back in April and will use your help.

John Fisher

JoeyC

You can't judge a system by its frequency. Wide/Narrow has to do with the data channel baudrate - 9600=wide 4800=narrow. Washoe EDACS is programmed as EDACS WIDE.

firemanjohn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Ya learn something new every day! This was the first time I tried to program an EDACS system. I'm so used to wide and narrow in reference to USFS VHF freqs that I was going by that. If I had more time to play with it, that was going to be my next try, but I just wasn't in my room enough.

Thanks!

John Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.