HIGHWAY 80 800MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

I just drover from reno to wenover nevada yesterday, I was monitoring the 800 MHz band and was noticing a beep-beep as the 800 MHz systen was transmiiting, Does anyone know what this noise was and possible how to filter it out from my scanner.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Help with Beep Beep

I just drover from reno to wenover nevada yesterday, I was monitoring the 800 MHz band and was noticing a beep-beep as the 800 MHz systen was transmiiting, Does anyone know what this noise was and possible how to filter it out from my scanner.[/QUOTE

I assume you are scanning the Nevada Shared system? Without knowing what kind of scanner you have I can't help you filter it out however I do know what you are talking about. It is common for EDACS systems to have that "beep beep" on squelch close or end of transmission. I have great results with adjusting the "Expert Settings" on my GRE PSR-500 to avoid the beep beep but the Uniden Models I own still have the "Beep Beep" because I have no way to control those settings on the EDACS type systems. Hope this helps.

joen7xxx

I suspect that if you are hearing the "beep-beep", you are not trunking, but scanning conventionally. This is a trunked system. If you have an EDACS-capable trunking scanner, and have the individual sites programmed correctly, you will not hear the control beeps. You will also be able to follow the communications much more efficiently, and be able to discern the different ID's as well.

mrlthse

Scanner used

I am presently using a radio shack pro 163 and pro 164...
and yes. you are correct i was using it in the conventical mode not knowing how the ED system worked...
it a long way from reno to wendover NV...

kd7rto

While your scanner, in conventional mode, is still stopped on to that "beep beep", the conversation has usually shifted to the next lcn, and you're missing traffic.

Hopefully the results of my latest trip across I-80 will be of help to someone:

http://www.qsl.net/kd7rto/nevada/

Status
Not open for further replies.