Washoe County Reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigint1

Was: joking
Here several files if anybody interested - no guarantee of accuracy - they were done using a call sign search tool fron the TA site - Joe

Attachments

• Washoe County Reband WPRX-309.PDF
    89.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Washoe County Reband WPRX-312.PDF
    73.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Washoe County Reband WPRX-313.PDF
    54.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Washoe County Reband WPUF-364.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 187

joen7xxx

So when an EDACS system is rebanded, will older scanners such as a Pro-2055 still be capable of scanning since the LCN is specified? I realize a Motorola system cannot be scanned this way.

Thanks

sigint1

So when an EDACS system is rebanded, will older scanners such as a Pro-2055 still be capable of scanning since the LCN is specified? I realize a Motorola system cannot be scanned this way.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I don't believe the 2055 firmware can be upgraded for rebanding.

joen7xxx

It cannot for a Motorola system which "knows" what the frequencies are based upon the control channel. With an EDACS system, you tell the radio what frequencies to trunk when you program them in in the LCN order. I have not seen a discussion of rebanding an EDACS system yet, just Motorola systems. Hence my question

sigint1

It cannot for a Motorola system which "knows" what the frequencies are based upon the control channel. With an EDACS system, you tell the radio what frequencies to trunk when you program them in in the LCN order. I have not seen a discussion of rebanding an EDACS system yet, just Motorola systems. Hence my question

Ok - I see what you are getting at - you are correct - it only affects Motorola 800 mhz analog systems - I was just stating in very general terms that the 2055 couldn't be upgraded (this is confirmed in the RR rebanding Wiki) - but yes for other systems (LTR, EDACS etc) and Conventional scanning I believe it should still work. In the case of the WCRCS EDACS you should just have to put in the new frequencies. (I believe I am pretty close on this but if not someone with more knowledge please feel free to step in and correct me)

Status
Not open for further replies.