Rebanding and the SNACC System

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraweeb

On the bottom of page 18 in the new Southern Nevada Scanner Book, it lists all of the 800 MHz frequencies that will be used with the SNACC system once rebanding occurs. Supposedly at that time all of the old repeater freqs will become obsolete and un-usable.

I figured that I would put a new program together for the BCD996T so that I would have it ready to use as soon as rebanding occurs.

Using ARC software, I assumed that all I have to do is to create a new Site containing all of the 800 MHz freqs that would be closest to me. Since I live in the far northwest corner of Vegas, I took all of the freqs marked for Vegas and Mt. Charleston (31 of them) and put them in a new Site and saved it.

Does anyone know if this is all that needs to be done or not? I have to admit that I am not 100% up on the whole rebanding issue. Thanks for any help in advance!

TOUGHLIFE

Knowing how slow government operates I would not hold my breath waiting for rebanding but it's not a bad start. Many radios will need flashware updates to handle the new rebanded frequencies.

eraweeb

Thanks, Toughlife. As far as I know the Uniden BCD996T will not have to be flashed. At least I could swear that I saw that somewhere.

Can anyone out there confirm that?

Thanks!

kf7yn

Howdy Nevada neighbors. We've gone through rebanding in Utah so you might pop a few questions to the Utah RR group and you should be able to get answers to most of your questions. UCAN uses Motorola Smartzone rather than EDACS but I would think the issues are the same as far as rebanding goes.

I know there are BCD996T's in our group and they work fine after rebanding. I use GRE PSR-500, Pro-197, Pro-2096 and Pro-96 and Trunker 3.8.3 all of which work fine on our rebanded UCAN TRS. Please feel free to stop by with your questions.

Highpockets

As far as rebanding goes, with an Edacs system, all you should have to do is update to the new frequencies in the proper LCN order, and you should be good to go.

TOUGHLIFE

To our friends in Utah: The SNACC system is a Motorola system and the Nevada State system (NSRS) is EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.