Clark County 800 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DUO

I preprogrammed my Pro 106 in anticipation of my arrival in Vegas today. I loaded the Clark County 800 systems control channels into the scanner, and all the area fire talk groups. Why am I getting all traffic-police and so forth--ID's that I havent entered in the scanner. It comes up on the screen "wildcard' and shows the ID. Its picking up the fire groups that I had programmed but its also picking up everything else under the sun that I havent programmed. What have I done wrong or is it something with their system?

K9DUO

The wildcard ID's are not in my scan list. What it is reminding me of is the older Radio Shack scanners where the system could be in "open" or "closed" mode. Its acting as if its in the open mode and picking up every talkgroup ID in the system, even though I have only programmed the fire talk groups in the scanner. Im picking up everything . When a "wildcard" ID is active I have to lock it out, and that seems to work, but they shouldnt be picked up to begin with. Im baffled.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
wildcard

The wildcard ID's are not in my scan list. What it is reminding me of is the older Radio Shack scanners where the system could be in "open" or "closed" mode. Its acting as if its in the open mode and picking up every talkgroup ID in the system, even though I have only programmed the fire talk groups in the scanner. Im picking up everything . When a "wildcard" ID is active I have to lock it out, and that seems to work, but they shouldnt be picked up to begin with. Im baffled.

Take a closer look at the objects, It sure sounds like you have a "wildcard" object in there, there isn't a "closed/open" mode. Object oriented scanning is a little different. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.