Frequency Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW-Nevada

While searching through 450.0 - 460 MHz, I found KLAS TV Ch.8 news on 450.8500 (CTCSS 110.9). I listen to the live broadcast on the scanner while watching the video part on TV. I could here someone (program director?) cueing the specific TV personalities to get ready... also, heard the the weather guy recording sound bites teasers for the 11:00 news.

Needless to say, I thought this was pretty interesting, and wanted to do some research on what frequencies my be licensed to KLAS. The Southern Nevada Radio Scanner Directory for some reason omitted the local News agencies. And, I tried using a couple of FCC search utilities available on RR, but came up empty handed using "450.8500" and "KLAS" as search terms.

So what tools do you use to research such things?

edgeman

I had contacted the folks that put our the scanner guide and was told that it is illegal to publish the frequencies that the news media uses. So, that is why they are not published in the guide.

I found some freq's for KLAS but, I don't monitor them much.

I also have some freq's for Metro Traffic

I am looking for any active frequencies for the various tow companies here is town. I have a few, but I am also looking for more.

Have a great one.

TOUGHLIFE

Remote Broadcast Links

The frequencies that are mentioned can be used for a variety of activities. One can publish the frequencies without worry but the listening of a "remote broadcast link" is technically illegal under federal law. As long as the frequency being monitored is not being used at the moment as a remote broadcast link I see no problem. I suspect this is the reason why the frequency book is not publishing them and perhaps because the news media probably purchases copies as well and might dislike viewing their own frequencies in the book.

Just my thoughts. Part of the fun of this hobby is finding out information on your own. I enjoy it with and without a frequency guide.

BJ_NORTON

toughlife said:
Just my thoughts. Part of the fun of this hobby is finding out information on your own. I enjoy it with and without a frequency guide.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree!!

JoeyC

and with everything in the 450, 455 and upper 161 mHz range, you don't need no degree to figure out where they are. :roll:

TOUGHLIFE

The News Media & Where They Are

Some of the stations utilize a cellular connection for their remote broadcast activities and stay off of VHF and UHF radio links. Others will utilize microwave for both remote video and audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.