Washoe county 800 frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

als365

Hey does anyone have an updated frequency list for the washoe county public safety trunked system. The database is missing some frequencies for the slide mountain repeater.

Thanks
Austin

mtonto20

Well I may be wrong here, but it appears that Slide Mountain has been partially or fully rebanded. Nevada has until January I believe to complete rebanding. The Metro Simulcast is still operating in the non rebanded space, but I bet that we'll notice a change here soon. I know from reading the local community board meetings that most of the 12 sites in Washoe County have been rebanded already. they got Nextel to pay for training, overtime, and some rebanding software associated with rebanding which has dragged this out for so long. So I bet they move Metro to Slide when they start rebanding then reopen Metro in the lower band which should be exactly 15mhz below the current frequency.

sigint1

Was: joking
The radios are in the process of being rebanded now - once all the various agency radios have been rebanded then the sites will be reprogramed at which time if the radio hasn't been reprogrammed then it will be a paperweight until it gets reprogramed. The sites will not be switched before Hot August Nights is over with - they didnt want to try switching everything in the middle of that - communications are to critical. There are a few minor problems popping up - some of the MaComm radios are not taking the reprograming. As far as Slide Mountain is concerned the 10 frequencies that are in the database are correct for now.

homestea

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know the current status of the washoe rebanding now that Hot August Nights is now over? I have a Pro-106, and when rebanding is complete, im not sure that I know how to update my scanner so it will work with the rebanded system.

sigint1

Was: joking
It will probably be sometime in November before they have all the agency radios rebanded and switch the repeater sits over to the new frequencies - I am not familiar with the 106 but you should only have to change the frequencies from the old to the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.