Nevada Constables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraweeb

Today while driving through Vegas I was passed by a marked SUV with Nevada plates. There was a star on the doors and tailgate which I couldn't read, but in very large letters beneath the star it says, Constable - For Help Dial 911.

So where do these guys fit in to the Law Enforcement crowd?

Just a thought but, between Metro, NHP, Marshalls, Constables, School Police, Indians, Feds, etc. isn't there an awful lot of LE overkill / overlap in this area?

It's not unusual to drive through some areas of Vegas and see somebody pulled over by Metro, someone else pulled over by NHP a couple of blocks up, and yet another further up pulled over by an unmarked Guess Who vehicle!

TOUGHLIFE

Constables generally serve civil process documents including civil summons, civil judgements, evictions, and other related matters. They have limited law enforcement power in Nevada and often drive their own personal vehicles. There is not a lot of overlap in law enforcement in Southern Nevada as many agencies have limited jurisdication as to the type of activities they may normally engage in.

eraweeb

Thanks TOUGHLIFE, you are always a wealth of information! Let's see how you do on LE Trivia...

I was always told that the word COP came from "Constable On Patrol."

Any truth to that?

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Tennessee has the same set up. Wasn't the guy in the Clint Eastwood movie The Gauntlet, a Clark Co Constable who got shot up in the Torino?

BCFlash

The Boulder City constable and his deputies act pretty aggressive but I don't see them do much. They drive unmarked, but obvious cop looking, Ford Crown Vics.

Mick

I have not seen a freq listed for the Clark County Constables, so I wanted to post what I have heard them on:

158.820 D223 District Court, Family Division, Security
158.820 D244 Clark County Constable

crazynova

In Las Vegas, the Constables drive marked Ford Escape SUVs. They serve warrants, deal with eviction issues, etc. I know they are on Metro's channels every so often as CC units, such as CC142.

Status
Not open for further replies.