NV Freq. question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin562

Premium Subscriber
Good evening all, as far as first responders go (Police, Fire, EMS, Rangers), who covers the Colorado River South of the Hoover Dam and where might I grab their freqs? I will be traveling in that area and would like to see if I can pick anything up. Please forgive me if I am going about this in the wrong way, I am new in town. Take care. Be well....K

737mech

Premium Subscriber
South of the Dam

Good evening all, as far as first responders go (Police, Fire, EMS, Rangers), who covers the Colorado River South of the Hoover Dam and where might I grab their freqs? I will be traveling in that area and would like to see if I can pick anything up. Please forgive me if I am going about this in the wrong way, I am new in town. Take care. Be well....K

Las Vegas metro for police, clark county fire dept (Snacc system) and rangers on the river are found federal freqs in nv data base. Hoover dam police need digital p25 scanner. Ems depends, could be mercy air or AMR or Medic West? Just take a look at the database for nevada/clark county it's all there.

BCFlash

The primary response would probably be NPS rangers, they have a small station at Willow Beach. They have patrol boats in the river below the Dam. Their primary freqs. are 170.05 and 166.30 (both analog) in that area. Dispatch call is 700 and located in Boulder City, NV not far from the dam.

Kevin562

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. I see Receive freqs listed and the tones. Is there a way to identify the repeater INPUTS? I have looked and can't seem to find them. Thank you for all of your help.

BCFlash

The inputs won't do you much good in that terrain. In addition you wouldn't know which units were using what input in the area you are in so it is best to listen to the repeater output. For example, on 166.30, NPS has a powerful setup on Wilson ridge above the dam which can be heard throughout the area, but some units use the Virgin repeater or others. You will copy all within range of your radio by listening to the output.

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.