Traveling through NV

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_expatriate

Premium Subscriber
I'm making a trip through NV next week. If I want to monitor the highway patrol do I use the NV Shared Radio System (edacs) or the conventional public safety freq. I found? I'll taking I-80 across the state. Thanks for your help.

Hooligan

They're mostly on the 800MHz EDACS system, however, most patrol vehicles I've seen still have VHF antennas on them as well, so if you've got the channel capacity you'll probably want to monitor both.

I monitor NSRS while mobile in the state each week, albeit down in the southern part of NV (I-15) & traffic is pretty boring. I suspect that there might be some more interesting car/car type stuff on a VHF simplex channel they monitor on their other radio.

joen7xxx

158.895 is a good state-wide frequency for fire and accident response. If you look in the database, county by county, the main sheriff frequencies usually carry most of the emergency traffic. There are iinked ham repeaterss along I-80. Check Elko Amateur Radio Club for a coverage map.

sigint1

Was: joking
In the Reno metro area you will want to program in the Washoe County trunked EDACS system - all mjajor agencies in Reno area including Highway Patrol operate on the county system in the Reno area - Program in the Metro freqs and Virginia Peak for when you get east of Reno.

Status
Not open for further replies.