NTTR and NNSA trunk systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gariac

I ran the unitrunker on the NNSA (Nevada Test Site) and NTTR (Groom Lake) trunk systems. I also scanned it with my Pro-96. The database on RR is way out of date. I don't have either system mapped completely, but here are two speadsheets with what I have. I can provide the unitrunker files if needed.

www.lazygranch.com/sound/nts,ods
www.lazygranch.com/sound/groom.ods

ods files are open office format

gariac

I never found that site to be very accurate. Your mileage may vary. Often it had the old edacs and moto frequencies in the wrong columns. You really have to nitpick about these things. One problem with whomever is getting the data is that they don't park on the system long enough to get all the frequencies in the system. It doesn't make the list inaccurate since once you have the base/offset/etc, you will get the system working on your scanner, even without the other voice channels.

I have never had the base/offset work properly for some of those NTS systems as heard in the northern part of the range. Either there was a 2nd split, or the system puts out something odd that makes the scanner go to an unused frequency. I'd have to dig through my radio, but I ended up having to block a particular TG that always seems to go to an unused frequency. Yeah, I know that doesn't make much sense, but it worked.

There is a bit of UHF simplex out there as well. I don't have it handy, but it wasn't rocket science to find the frequencies the feds use for simplex since they are in the NTIA redbook. ;-) It is well worth researching that federal band plan since the range seems to obey it.

gariac

I'm pulling those old ods spreadsheets off of the lazygranch.com. The systems have changed. That and my new server blocks hot links, so I would have to put that link on a webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.