SNACC Las Vegas Simulcast Site Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neondesert

Premium Subscriber
Within the past 24 hours, I've had an issue with the the Las Vegas Simulcast Site on the SNACC system. The current control channel in use is 854.4125. What is happening is when a talkgroup comes up on 859.4625 the scanner hangs on this frequency. While on this frequency you can still hear other talkgroup activity. In between transmissions there is a signal being received but just a carrier, no voice or audible data comes through.

I'm monitoring with a BCT15X and since have the custom bandplan set for the system. I have also manually put this frequency(859.4625) into my PR092A and 780XLT and hear the same type of activity.

I've switched over to the Apex Peak site (control channel 853.7375) for now to monitor the system.

Having never had this happen before, I was just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior or knows what might be happening.

Thanks!

neondesert

Premium Subscriber
Well, after a little research, I discovered that the scanner was not set to detect the Motorola End Code. Still don't know why 859.4625 is transmitting continuously, but since I've made the adjustment (to detect the End Code) I'm able to use the Simulcast Site again.

As an added bonus, I no longer have any squelch tail on the system as well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.