Henderson PD -SNACC SYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Eric

I live in henderson and have been listening to the henderson police dept on the snacc system up until recently. I dont beleive i have picked up any traffic from them in over a week now. Has anyone else discovered this? I'm wondering if the control channels i am monitoring do not handle henderson pd traffic but have not been able to verify that this is the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Answer to the SNACC System Henderson

The correct Freq's for the Clark County SNACC system are as follows: Put them in Numeric order cause it helps the scanner to read faster.

a- 852.2750 n- 857.7625
b- 853.3000 o- 858.7625
c- 853.6500 p- 859.2625
d- 853.8250 q- 859.4625
e- 854.3125 r- 859.9375
f- 854.4125
g- 854.7125
h- 856.2625
i- 856.4375
j- 856.7125
k- 856.7625
l- 857.1125
m- 857.4875

The system is a Motorola Type II Smartnet or Smartzone, this system broadcasts from Arden Mtn and Red Mtn (for Boulder City's Gov). Arden Mtn sits to the right of Black Mtn where all the locale TV repeaters are positioned. If you look to the Mtns south you can see 4 antennas postioned in the background of the middle of the Mtn. I don't know where you live but if you live very south of the Arden site you should till hear the Red Mtn site that overlooks Boulder City. All of the listings of talk groups can be obtained from the data base here at Radio Reference, and they are all correct. Hope this helps

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Control Channel for Sloan DPS Mtn Site

Does anybody have a control channel for the DPS South Sloan Site? I was putting in the Freq's that were rebanded lately, and I noticed no control channel, but if you scan nothing happens, if you go conventional scan there is alot of conversation. Thxs for your help.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
SNACC CC only

The correct Freq's for the Clark County SNACC system are as follows: Put them in Numeric order cause it helps the scanner to read faster.

a- 852.2750 n- 857.7625
b- 853.3000 o- 858.7625
c- 853.6500 p- 859.2625
d- 853.8250 q- 859.4625
e- 854.3125 r- 859.9375
f- 854.4125
g- 854.7125
h- 856.2625
i- 856.4375
j- 856.7125
k- 856.7625
l- 857.1125
m- 857.4875

The system is a Motorola Type II Smartnet or Smartzone, this system broadcasts from Arden Mtn and Red Mtn (for Boulder City's Gov). Arden Mtn sits to the right of Black Mtn where all the locale TV repeaters are positioned. If you look to the Mtns south you can see 4 antennas postioned in the background of the middle of the Mtn. I don't know where you live but if you live very south of the Arden site you should till hear the Red Mtn site that overlooks Boulder City. All of the listings of talk groups can be obtained from the data base here at Radio Reference, and they are all correct. Hope this helps

I program my scanners a different way for SNACC, by loading only the "Control Channels" and switching the "Control Channel Only" scanning mode on. Not having any problems at all with the SNACC. And as OP asked, the Hend PD talkgroups are working fine. Possibly Vegas Eric did you make any changes like priority, beartracker, att or WX scan on? With my GRE Psr-500 they also have "Roam/Stationary/CC first" features that effect scanning the SNACC. PM me your .Bin file I'll be happy to have a look for ya.

Vegas_Eric

.Bin file

How do I get the .Bin file to send to you? Is there some program I should be running to get that information out of my scanner?

Eric

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bin file

How do I get the .Bin file to send to you? Is there some program I should be running to get that information out of my scanner?

Eric

Any program you use just save a copy and attach it to a private message. Most programs when you go to save offer a "save as" function. The" .bin" extension is usable on most programing software.

waqhwaqh

henderson pd snacc

I have a pro-97 and mine stopped tracking the talk groups at the same time. I have reprogrammed but still no luck. It receives everything when channel is open but next to nothing when it is closed. Any ideas?

06dak287

Hey guys! dont mean to thread jack but this is straight down my alley. Ive been conventional listening since i was a kid but just got a pro-163 and am new to trunking and programming the scanner using the talk groups and such. ive read the users manual and a few guides online but still cant quite grasp it.

so i want to listen to hpd and other trunked channels but i dont know exactly how to program them. i know how to input freqs and talkgroup ID though.

ive got a list of the Henderson area commands (north,east...etc) and they have a dec and a hex number but no frequencies. if i wanted to listen to only the henderson pd. and program the different area commands so its similar to lvmpd where the screen will say which command is transmitting. how do i take the talkgroup ID and make sense of it to where i can pick it up?

do i use have to put the entire list of snacc freqs into the scanner? if so where do i go from there to program just the hpd stuff so i dont pick up fire or public works?

thanks so much!

06dak287

So I just got a pro-163 from the shack. I'm new to trunking and talk groups but I've been doing conventional listening on the 159s since I was a kid. I'm still trying to figure out the snacc system and how to program everything and the talkgroups so I can listen to hpd. I tried to interpret te snacc wiki on here and input some 850s frequencies but couldn't quite understand just getting the hpd stuff or trunking.

Can some pretty much just guide me through settin up a factory new scanner to receive the trunked hpd channels

mdickerson17

So I just got a pro-163 from the shack. I'm new to trunking and talk groups but I've been doing conventional listening on the 159s since I was a kid. I'm still trying to figure out the snacc system and how to program everything and the talkgroups so I can listen to hpd. I tried to interpret te snacc wiki on here and input some 850s frequencies but couldn't quite understand just getting the hpd stuff or trunking.

Can some pretty much just guide me through settin up a factory new scanner to receive the trunked hpd channels

Has your scanner been rebanded? If not you'll need the CPU 1.06 Firmware Upgrade which can be found here- http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000163_Firmware106.pdf

Last edited:

06dak287

Has your scanner been rebanded? If not you'll need the CPU 1.06 Firmware Upgrade which can be found here- http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000163_Firmware106.pdf

that i dont know. i was going to get the cable anyway for programming. ive got the above list of freqs programmed in order and i get the control channel usually at 99%. ive also got the henderson pd tgids saved. with the bank closed ill pick up chatter once in a while from hpd main or info. but the scanner cant seem to follow it when i do an ID hold. the screen flickers back and fourth and the T isnt consistent. its almost like ive got some frequencies missing that hpd's convos are jumping to that i cant follow?

BUT when i have the bank set to open it will pick up stuff from all over. nlvpd, some tow companies, fire and ems. but i cant follow any of them if i do an ID hold.

at least i finally figured out programming then trunk scanning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.