TM MAIN on the Washoe County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

als365

While listening to the wildland fire in Verdi yesterday, I noticed that TM Main was coming up on the Washoe EDACS system under 0410 or 03-032 depending on how you have your radio set up. When looking at the radio reference database for the system, the display is RFD FIRE. They are also still using the VHF TM frequencies. I’m wondering if you need an 800MH\z radio to talk on TM Main now or if you can talk on either an 800 or VHF and the traffic is just simulcast.

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if this helps but RFD and TMFD merged some years back and dispatches and responses were being simulcast on both the UHF RFD frequencies and VHF TMFD frequencies. It seems like the merger was at least 3 years ago, but I could be wrong. So the reference to RFD as having one talkgroup may include what used to be the TMFD. Sounds like I need to check the website of the RFD and TMFD and see what they are calling the new combined department, but right now it is time to go to bed!

als365

Yea I was listening yesterday and there were a lot of county calls and only about half of the TM MAIN traffic was simulcast over the EDACS system for some unknown reason. The pages never go out over the EDACS but all of the TM MAIN chatter does. If I want to hear the pages, I have to listen to VHF TM MAIN.

-Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.