Another OpenSky System Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayfreq

Yeah, Not good. All I would hope for is that Harris will be proactive and optimize this system for best performance. Its just a "We'll See"" situation. Either it will be just fine or it will spiral into a nightmare. The officers risking their lives in the field will have the final vote.

neondesert

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Not good. All I would hope for is that Harris will be proactive and optimize this system for best performance. Its just a "We'll See"" situation. Either it will be just fine or it will spiral into a nightmare. The officers risking their lives in the field will have the final vote.

You're kidding right? What did Harris do with their other systems...set them up for the worst performance?!?:roll:

Yes, there are officers risking their lives....using equipment that should never have been bought in the first place!

If they wanted to go "off the grid" they had other options available to them. Granted, every radio system has it's weaknesses but the weaknesses of BrokenSky could fill up the Library of Congress!

Remember..."Friends don't let Friends use OpenSky!":)

jackj

When I first read about this, my first impulse was to defend the County Commissioners in Stuben County, IN. After all, these guys are politicians not radio engineers. Then I read where they had hired a communications consultant to advise them on what to buy. If they bought the system recommended by the consultant then the county should have legal recourse to recover the cost of the defective system from the consultant. The consultant either is guilty of fraud or just listened to the sales presentation and didn't make phone calls to check how other users like the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.