Nellis Trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeman

Has anyone set up the Nellis Edacs system published in the latest edition of the S. Nev Scanner guide with success ?

It appears that all the traffic is encrypted. At least for the noted talkgroups. If this is not correct, I could use some help figuring this out.

Thanks

TOUGHLIFE

Nellis AFB TRS

Wondering thru the July 2005 issue of the book I looked at that page which provides info. on the NAFB TRS and programmed my BC396 with the info. and I have no trouble hearing most of the talk groups. The key is to use Motorola, not EDACS. The IDs' come up as showing in the book and a few others as well. Perhaps there is an EDACS system nearby but I can attest that I am hearing main base NAFB traffic on a Motorola system, type II, with a base freq. of 406.100 and a step of 12.5 and offset of 380. The book is right on.
I also met a radio tech. who works on Motorola radio systems not long ago and he states that he helped build that Motorola radio system but had to sign a document stating that he would not give out system info. or talk group info. to anyone. That is understandable knowing how the feds operate. Happy listening.

edgeman

Thank for the reply

I set this system up again in my Pro 95 with the correct base frequency, step and offset, but all I am getting is noise and no voice. Since you have the guide and without giving out any copyrighted information, let me ask you if i need to program all the frequencies showing on the page or ignore some of them ?

TOUGHLIFE

The book states that a digital scanner is necessary to monitor the system such as the PRO 96, Uniden 396 or other digital capable scanner. An analog scanner like the PRO 95 will not decode digital traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.