New kid in town... Battle Mountain Nevada (edacs) updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a house in battle mountain, and finally I have the space for my hobbies, ONE is of course Radio...

I will be Updating all information I find outdated or incorrect on radioreferance
I will be accepting feedback from radioreferance users...
I will cover everything 25 miles north and south of I-80 from Reno to Elko (reno, sparks, fallon, winnemucca, golconda, battle mountain, argenta, carlin, and elko)

From battle mountain (lander county seat) I can recieve (without base antenna) winnemucca thru elko clearly.... including control data.

ok, to start this thread, I have found the RR data incomplete and inaccurate for this area, with the help of local users who may post known information to this thread we (I) will update the shared edacs net for the ares listed... and the towns and companies within the area givin.

lets do this...

com501

Everytime I try to publish the information for EDACS (from my state radio personality and groups sets) it gets changed or over written by someone with a scanner. I have given up. Good luck, though!

I would like links to your information, I can use it, I suspect from vigilant monitoring that some frequencies are rotating / dynamic instead of fixed/static... remember this is a networked edacs, it is not ecads standard...

NHP is easy, but the town/city police seem to me running digital... EMS is analog edacs N. and the local airports are traffic controlled by salt lake city intl. ... probly because the radar on mt. lewis is the radar for air traffic control in salt lake... go figure... I have no information of the firefighting as of yet... no luck there, however I have found control channels that are not listed on the FCC liscense search pages... very unusual!!! infact, one of then should be location 2 whoever only location 1 and 3 are listed for that frequency... Im checking my notes, as I have more time I will list the frequencies here and confirm with you and my peers before I collaborate, it is not like me to just erase/replace anothers work...

with frequencies ... there can be more than 1 right answer... trunking has proven that right?

the nevada shared radio system is setup so 1 patrol car can be anywhere in the state and still use the radio... the key for a scanner is to program it the same way, because the "channel group" can be changed easily... for example... in battle mountain there are 3 control channel lists and only 1 is used at a time... but all 3 are standard re used channel groups... seen in many localities in nevada...makes sense if there was a high profile event the channel group would be changed for security. all officers change the channel from 1 to 2 for example, new frequencies, same system, same area ... thus 2 correct answers. IE ... edacs networked,

sigint1

Was: joking
Also you will find that in the Reno Metro area NHP rarely uses the NSRS but instead use the Washoe County EDACS system instead - If you program the Metro Simulcast site 001 you will get most everything in the Reno area - I realize that this system is listed as a Reno site for NSRS - although it is one of the nevada core systems and as such can interface with NSRS it is not part of the NSRS but for the same reasons as COM51 pointed out - gave up long time ago trying to correct it.

Last edited:
X

xts3000r

what town/city do you think is running digital?. i know some have provoive talkgrups. but thats all

I would like links to your information, I can use it, I suspect from vigilant monitoring that some frequencies are rotating / dynamic instead of fixed/static... remember this is a networked edacs, it is not ecads standard...

NHP is easy, but the town/city police seem to me running digital... EMS is analog edacs N. and the local airports are traffic controlled by salt lake city intl. ... probly because the radar on mt. lewis is the radar for air traffic control in salt lake... go figure... I have no information of the firefighting as of yet... no luck there, however I have found control channels that are not listed on the FCC liscense search pages... very unusual!!! infact, one of then should be location 2 whoever only location 1 and 3 are listed for that frequency... Im checking my notes, as I have more time I will list the frequencies here and confirm with you and my peers before I collaborate, it is not like me to just erase/replace anothers work...

with frequencies ... there can be more than 1 right answer... trunking has proven that right?

the nevada shared radio system is setup so 1 patrol car can be anywhere in the state and still use the radio... the key for a scanner is to program it the same way, because the "channel group" can be changed easily... for example... in battle mountain there are 3 control channel lists and only 1 is used at a time... but all 3 are standard re used channel groups... seen in many localities in nevada...makes sense if there was a high profile event the channel group would be changed for security. all officers change the channel from 1 to 2 for example, new frequencies, same system, same area ... thus 2 correct answers. IE ... edacs networked,

SCPD

QRT
For you Central NV fire, go here: Central Nevada Interagency Dispatch Center (NV) - The RadioReference Wiki

BLM Winnemucca used to have the repeater freqs and locations on their website, but it does not seem to be there right now.

Carl

This is not a temporary situation. The federal government is not allowing access to its frequency information anymore. I've found some ways of getting around that for several years as this change in policy took place around the same time the feds narrowbanded (2005), however, those "end run" situations are being discovered and sealed up as time passes. With state and local we always have the FCC database, but with the feds we don't. It isn't an ideal situation, but it is reality.

SCPD

QRT
Most defitanly add NDF and BLM very busy in August and September. I use to be with the BLM fire.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Any updates on places like Golconda and Battle Mountain? I was in Battle Mountain a couple of days ago and had problems with Golconda. It would pick up something but was giving me a control channel instead of a voice channel when it picked up a talk group. I didn't have time to try and figure it out but I am thinking it is something with the LCN layout. I also didn't get much on any of the Battle Mountain sites I have programmed in so any updates would be great.

I have been busy lately... sorry folks!
to answer a few questions, no digital in battle mountain, i was tricked by a local gold mine, and battle mountain is very quiet most of the time with most traffic on lander county channels NOT THE EDACS.

I have almost all the frequencies BUT once in a while I get half a conversation, so I have a few to go I guess.... mabye just 1

I am not not getting any id data at all on motorola types, edacs, ltr/lcn, code search ect... frustrating to not have talkgroups... O well

BATTLE MOUNTAIN AREA traffic is almost all on Lander county channels.

com501

I have been busy lately... sorry folks!
to answer a few questions, no digital in battle mountain, i was tricked by a local gold mine, and battle mountain is very quiet most of the time with most traffic on lander county channels NOT THE EDACS.

I have almost all the frequencies BUT once in a while I get half a conversation, so I have a few to go I guess.... mabye just 1

I am not not getting any id data at all on motorola types, edacs, ltr/lcn, code search ect... frustrating to not have talkgroups... O well

BATTLE MOUNTAIN AREA traffic is almost all on Lander county channels.

Are you trying to sniff the digital gold mine? Did you try Trbo? Any idea which one it is?

I have confirmed the local police have moved to digital leaving the ems and fire on analog. unfortunate for the ems and fire because they can no longer communicate with law enforcement directly.

I have not been able to determine the type of digital signal as of yet, but some new toys are going to help with that.. I suspect p-25 II, whatever it is Ill be listening again soon enough. and Ill keep you all updated. for now if you are not pleased with the transition to digital then I suggest getting a cheap usb sdr and downloading dsd (25 USD) for all you need to start listening to digital radio.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

com501

P25 - Phase 1, and the fire and EMS can talk just fine to the SO, everybody has everybody's channels.

Thank You 501

P25 - Phase 1, and the fire and EMS can talk just fine to the SO, everybody has everybody's channels.

I'm currently out of the loop... new radio should arrive today.

I was under the impression from my scanner and my peers that the ems and fire was not updated to digital.
I am assuming upgrades will come however.

Its really tough to figure out what's going on when all I hear is silence. I still have to determine if the 2 new 900 MHz signals registered on the FCC database are the new digital system and figure out the frequencies since I cant find current info in the RR database.

Unless you feel like sharing?

com501

If you look in their patrol cars, you will find they have VHF radios. Wander by the sub and observe.

Status
Not open for further replies.