Las Vegas, Clark County Vice frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitor142

Not that I have firm info but with everything else moving to DesertSky (OpenSky) I'm sure that vice and other special ops are using the digital system now for privacy.

-M142

kk4ib

OK, thanks for input, M142, I still hear most of Metro on their V/UHF channels in the clear. So didn't expect vice to move.

Thanks again.

in the meantime, you'll hear me occasionally on 146.52 MHz...

kk4ib

Aha! check 419.500 MHz, listed at a federal narcotics channel in the DB for Clark County.... some activity there... no enough yet to get a clear definition, but heard it in the past doing some vice type stuff.

kk4ib

NARC on 419.500 and heard the same group of users on 155.115 briefly. Nothing since two weeks ago on .115. And cannot find vice now anywhere; so M142, you're probably correct.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
LV Metro

Only a few old freqs are working for Metro, the new digital system is broke and there is a new-new p25 system on the way (maybe?) There was a post about new radio license applications. What's left is 158.79/159.15/419.5/851.375 [065 dcs] still able to monitor.

kk4ib

I kept 155.115 in my scanner and it was silent until I left LV about a week ago. I have moved to Taiwan and working the W7AES DStar repeater ... if anyone is interested.

The LVRAC had a presentation about Metro's plan. Most important is that the radios in the cars and the handhelds already have P25 capability; but NOT the repeaters. So their plan (at the moment) is to replace the repeaters ... but need a lic for them. P25 IS scannable, but not with most scanners.

Regards, and 73

kk4ib

Unknown. My latest scanner is Pro-107, it can't do P25. Just read the book on the '164. It should say.

Here is the issue. ... P25 modulation is NOT analog FM, it is PM digital, you can read more about it online. The digital encoding is not normally encrypted, but can be ... easily, requires radio with the capability; or external encrypting/decrypting hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.