5000 series NHP officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ_NORTON

I've been listening to ADAM 5326 miking stops north of Ely today. He was chasing down a car doing 101 by Schellbourne, when I realized I don't know what significance a 5000 series call sign has. 6000s are regular troopers, 7000s are the commercial guys; there are normally a few 4000 sergeants on duty, but I have no clue what a 5000 is.

anybody know?

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
From what I can gather they are specialized units, like ICE and PIO's.

On the same topic somewhat, does anybody know what the "Ocean" and "Robert" units are? I know what the rest are but I haven't been able to figure out what these are...

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Some Answers

Ocean Units heard on the NSRS are State Fire Marshal Units which are peace officers within NV DPS.
Robert Units are attached to the DMV Registration Division and are investigators.

QUOTE=KF7RAY;1590661]From what I can gather they are specialized units, like ICE and PIO's.

On the same topic somewhat, does anybody know what the "Ocean" and "Robert" units are? I know what the rest are but I haven't been able to figure out what these are...[/QUOTE]

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Thank you!:D

Ocean Units heard on the NSRS are State Fire Marshal Units which are peace officers within NV DPS.
Robert Units are attached to the DMV Registration Division and are investigators.

From what I can gather they are specialized units, like ICE and PIO's.

On the same topic somewhat, does anybody know what the "Ocean" and "Robert" units are? I know what the rest are but I haven't been able to figure out what these are...

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
One more I have heard recently..."King", any idea what unit that might be?

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
"King" Units Heard On NVDPS Radio System

One more I have heard recently..."King", any idea what unit that might be?
Eight years ago there were and probably still are other outside agencies that utilize this radio system. In 2003 "King" units were vehicles associated with the Nevada Youth Training Center (NYTC) which is in Elko. It's the "last stop" on the juvenile justice system in Nevada. These units would most likely be heard on the "Allied" channel where non-NHP agencies are most likely to be found on the system.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
king. are most likely k9 guys

From what I have heard at least in Reno, the K9's are usually "Adam" 5xxx units but I could be wrong. Although that could have changed since the NHP has went through some changes like not needing the "David", "George" and "Sam" prefixes for the traffic units for the last few months.

Eight years ago there were and probably still are other outside agencies that utilize this radio system. In 2003 "King" units were vehicles associated with the Nevada Youth Training Center (NYTC) which is in Elko. It's the "last stop" on the juvenile justice system in Nevada. These units would most likely be heard on the "Allied" channel where non-NHP agencies are most likely to be found on the system.

That sounds more like it because I have only heard them a couple of times and it was usually just running a plate.

IDCowboy1

Curious about those 5XXX units as well. I heard one of them responding to a traffic accident near Elko a couple days ago. I can't rightly remember if that unit was outright dispatched to the incident (I want to say he was mainly due to his proximity to the area and the urgency required of that particular situation), but it seems like I've been hearing more and more of them lately. As far as the 5XXX being K-9 units I can't say as I've heard of them actually being K9 in the Elko area, DPS mainly relies on Elko County K9 deputies to find the Tijuana gold...LOL However, the times they could be a changing for NHP in the Elko area soon if the 5XXX units are dedicated K9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.