LVMPD Resident Officers (Deputies) Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker30

What is the correct frequency for LVMPD Resident Deputies? The Southern NV Radio Scanner Book lists the frequency as 158.85. I was picking up some traffic on this channel up until a week ago until I thought I heard this channel being patched on CH 9, 158.79. As I was driving home around 5:30 pm, I heard Red traffic on CH 9 and it appeared to be LVMPD Resident Deputies (is there unit ID in the 8300 series?). I figured this out due to the fact that mutual aid with Mohave County and AZ DPS was being requested. My question is then what is the correct frequency for Resident Deputies and what is CH 9 used for besides units signing on?

Thanks.

TOUGHLIFE

It is not unusual for several LVMPD channels to be patched together at the same time when one dispatcher is responsible to cover several channels. During non-peak hours this is often the rule. There are times when channels 1, 9, and 15 may be patched together with one dispatcher working all of them. As far as I know 158.85 is the official "Resident" channel which agrees with the book.
Channel 9 is rarely used by the LVMPD administration but it is their "designated" channel. If you hear a dispatcher talking to a unit and instructs the unit to go to the "Admin" channel you will know where to find it (158.79).

Don't be surprised that sometime in the not too distant future Metro goes to a Motorola 800 TRS and not the SNACC system.

TOUGHLIFE

LVMPD Resident Officers

These are officers of the LVMPD that are assigned to work the rural areas of Clark County. They live in the outlying areas and are subject to callout at any hour of the day or night in addition to their regular hours they are assigned to work. As a general rule they are paid a certain percentage more than their regular pay to compensate for any callouts and this generally eliminates overtime pay. Geographic areas covered include Overton, Moapa, Glendale, Searchlight, Sandy Valley, Indian Springs, and Mount Charleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.