nhp/dps scanning freq for Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

clisp

First I wanna appologize . but i am a n00b ... can anyone post the scanning freq for NHP Las Vegas area
btw i own a ICom IC-R10 ...
Thanx

BJ_NORTON

sorry to be the one to tell you this, but your r10 will not scan the highway patrol. you will need a trunk tracking scanner that can follow an EDACS type of system. if you look in the wiki at the top of the page you will find a very good introduction to trunk tracking. also in the data base section you will also find all the information you need to program into the scanner (frequencies and talkgroup numbers).Henderson police, anda North Las Vegas Police also require a trunk tracking scanner to listen too. You can still listen to Metro though, and they can be very exciting. Sorry for the bad news, but, it is a great excuse to go buy some new gear!!!

clisp

Car to Car NHP

Can anyone share the AFS for car to car NHP Las Vegas area please .Or is there one ?? I cant find it on EDACS freq
Thanx

TOUGHLIFE

If you want this question answered and more I would suggest you pick up a copy of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book (July 2005 edition) available at either Amateur Electronics Supply located at 4640 South Polaris Ave in Las Vegas or at Radio World located in Marshal Plaza just inside Boulder City. This publication features among other items twelve pages of talk groups for the Nevada Shared Radio System and all of the DPS NHP talk groups for the entire state are listed. It is my understanding that the book is published twice a year and many people purchase it including the news media so that they can stay current with what there is to monitor in Southern Nevada. I would not be without my two copies, one in the house and one in the motor vehicle.

SCPD

QRT
I found the southern Nevada book not only useful for any trips I take in that area, but the talkgroup list for the Nevada Shared Radio System is the best source of information I've found yet. I wish the publishers would expand the book to cover all of Nevada.

TOUGHLIFE

Dps Nhp

TG 05-130 is LV Car-to-Car 3, but don't forget 05-125 and 05-126 (Car-to-Car 1 and 2 respectively).

clisp

Thanx

Thank you toughman .
I wish there was a repeater for Laughlin , cause NHP down there is agressive as hell on that little road from Laughlin going to 93 ;-)
Also I entered Primm and Sloan No. on my scanner thinking i can get the signal from there but no luck even tho on LV DPS-Allied Disp. i can hear them all the way from Primm (almost) , i mean the troopers

***edit***
I wasnt getting anythin inside the house but when drove on I-15 and even downtown i was able to listen to Primm and Sloan ,
I only had 3 entered in my scanner but now i am gona try and enter them all
Thanx

p.s. I am only guessing but i think to get Laughlin you might have to be at least down in Boulder City

Last edited:

Jiim

I am trying to listen to NHP.....and am confused....are they one VHF Analog trunking or 800Mhz digital?..I am finding 2 databases on this site and am confused.....thanks...Jim

TOUGHLIFE

In Southern NV and in the Reno/Carson City areas they utilize an EDACS analog TRS. The VHF TRS showing in RR has been removed from service. In other rural areas of the State the DPS utilizes largely a series of licensed VHF linked repeaters most of which do not show in RR. In the Southern NV area I have found a most useful publication that gives great detail on the system and a lot more. It is a 58 page book entitled the Southern Nevada Radio Scanner Book which I acquired at Radio World in Boulder City (702-294-2666). Amateur Electronics Supply in LV also had it at least as of last October. It has a very good and accurate listing of the sites used on the EDACS system showing freqs. in the LCN and about 300 talk groups used by a wide variety of agencies on the system that is maintained by the NV Dept. of Trans. Hope this helps you.

Jiim

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I will stop by the Boulder City store the next time through town, as I live in Kingman. So now I guess I will have to learn my BC296D, BTW, how many of the sites listed in the Database must I use to receive all the Las Vegas NHP traffic? Any information on
what frequencies/systems are being used by NHP from Vegas to Laughlin?...thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

TOUGHLIFE

Dps Trs

In the greater LV area you will hear almost all of it if you program in the Sunrise Mtn. site as well as the site for Sloan. Potosi and Angel Peaks are not too important for valley operations but come into play for the rurals. The book points all of this out as well as Opal Mtn. for US95 South of BC. Christmas Tree site (Spirit Mtn) is also mentioned for the Laughlin area. You will find the book to be a most valuable resource for this and other monitoring activities in the greater LV area. I would not want to be without it. Dave at Radio World also mails them out if you want one before you drive thru town. Just a thought.

Happy monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.