WCTS unidentified TG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what agency uses TG 477 / 03-115? It sounds like a TAC style in terms of the trafic.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Also heard possible REMSA 800mhz dispatch testing on 174 / 01-056 ...

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what agency uses TG 477 / 03-115? It sounds like a TAC style in terms of the trafic.

I heard it referred to "Gangs" then they went to RPD Green so it may be a RPD Gang Tac channel.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Just heard the PL fire units referrer to 02-155 as "Channel 2" does anybody know what exactly the alpha tag might/should be?

gvranchosbill

I have been seeing TG 03-115 displaying but i am missing any traffic on it because either nothing is said or they were done as my scanner which is in Search I.D. mode looking for new TG's would stop on 03-115.
It does seem to pop up now and then, but when i lock on to it, nobody talks so i continue my seaching.

I heard AFS Talkgroup 01-031 on 07/09/2012 with about an hours worth of testing on sites:
Site #002 Slide Mtn
Site #022 McClellan Pk
Site #111 Bald Mtn
Site #010 or #110 TV Hill/Corey Pk

FYI:
SID:10 is what im getting on 854.4875mhz Control Channel
it does not give the first digit if there are 3 digits.
UNIDEN BCT-15 & BR330T used.

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I have been seeing TG 03-115 displaying but i am missing any traffic on it because either nothing is said or they were done as my scanner which is in Search I.D. mode looking for new TG's would stop on 03-115.
It does seem to pop up now and then, but when i lock on to it, nobody talks so i continue my seaching.

I heard AFS Talkgroup 01-031 on 07/09/2012 with about an hours worth of testing on sites:
Site #002 Slide Mtn
Site #022 McClellan Pk
Site #111 Bald Mtn
Site #010 or #110 TV Hill/Corey Pk

FYI:
SID:10 is what im getting on 854.4875mhz Control Channel
it does not give the first digit if there are 3 digits.
UNIDEN BCT-15 & BR330T used.
03-115 is a RPD Gang tg from what I can gather and 01-031 is HawthorneEMS, it is mainly Mt. Grant hospital traffic. The number needs to fixed in the DB, it is not 01-033.

gvranchosbill

I found today a list of NV EMS Talkgroups by chance and i have posted it on NV Radio Discussion Forums
and WCRCS & NSRS Database Submissions.
The list confirms 01-031 as Grant in Hawthorne and 01-033 as Nye Regional in Tonopah.

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm what agency uses 04-151? Sounds like the WCSD but I can't figure out exactly who uses it although it sounds like truancy officers sometimes.

gvranchosbill

Im sure you MEANT 14-151 NOT 4-151 CORRECT? i DONT OF ANY 04-

14-121 WCSD HS-01..........REED HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-122 WCSD HS-02..........McQUEEN HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-123 WCSD HS-03..........NORTH VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-124 WCSD HS-04..........GALENA HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-126 WCSD MS-02..........MIDDLE SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-127 WCSD MAINT-01.....SCHOOL MAINTENANCE
14-130 WCSD BUS-01........CENTRAL SCHOOLS
14-131 WCSD-BUS-02........NORTH SCHOOLS
14-132 WCSD BUS-03........SOUTH SCHOOLS
14-133 WCSD BUS-04........NIXON-PYRAMID LAKE SCHOOLS
14-134 WCSD MAINT-02. ...SCHOOL MAINTENANCE
14-135 WCSD BUS-SE.......SPECIAL EDUCATION
14-136 WCSD ES-01..........ELEMENTRY SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-137 WCSD ES-02..........ELEMENTRY SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-150 WCSD MS-01..........MIDDLE SCHOOL-TRUANT OFFICER

14-151 UNIDENTIFIED /ACIVTE PER KF7RAY (IM GUESSING MAYBE: WCSD MS-02 MIDDLE SCHOOL TRUANT OFFICER)

14-152 WCPS EVENTS-01..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-01
14-153 WCPS EVENTS-02..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-02
14-154 WCPS EVENTS-03..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-03
14-155 WCPS EVENTS-04..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-04

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Im sure you MEANT 14-151 NOT 4-151 CORRECT? i DONT OF ANY 04-

14-121 WCSD HS-01..........REED HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-122 WCSD HS-02..........McQUEEN HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-123 WCSD HS-03..........NORTH VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-124 WCSD HS-04..........GALENA HIGH SCHOOL-ADMIN
14-126 WCSD MS-02..........MIDDLE SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-127 WCSD MAINT-01.....SCHOOL MAINTENANCE
14-130 WCSD BUS-01........CENTRAL SCHOOLS
14-131 WCSD-BUS-02........NORTH SCHOOLS
14-132 WCSD BUS-03........SOUTH SCHOOLS
14-133 WCSD BUS-04........NIXON-PYRAMID LAKE SCHOOLS
14-134 WCSD MAINT-02. ...SCHOOL MAINTENANCE
14-135 WCSD BUS-SE.......SPECIAL EDUCATION
14-136 WCSD ES-01..........ELEMENTRY SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-137 WCSD ES-02..........ELEMENTRY SCHOOLS-ADMIN
14-150 WCSD MS-01..........MIDDLE SCHOOL-TRUANT OFFICER

14-151 UNIDENTIFIED /ACIVTE PER KF7RAY (IM GUESSING MAYBE: WCSD MS-02 MIDDLE SCHOOL TRUANT OFFICER)

14-152 WCPS EVENTS-01..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-01
14-153 WCPS EVENTS-02..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-02
14-154 WCPS EVENTS-03..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-03
14-155 WCPS EVENTS-04..PUBLIC SAFETY EVENTS-04

Bill, which Washoe County site do you monitor from your location? When I'm up that way I don't hear much from the Slide Mtn. site. Is there one on McClellan Peak that you are able to hear?

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
Bill, which Washoe County site do you monitor from your location? When I'm up that way I don't hear much from the Slide Mtn. site. Is there one on McClellan Peak that you are able to hear?

Technically Washoe doesn't have a site on McClellan, only the NSRS does. You should get traffic on the Slide site. I am up that way often and get plenty of traffic on it.

SCPD

QRT
I pick up some traffic on Slide, but it doesn't seem to be as much as Reno area sites. I've locked onto a busy talkgroup and switched from Slide to Peavine or Red and had Slide stay silent.

I've forgotten, are the state talkgroups carried on McClellan?

One last question about the NSRS in western Nevada, I know that the Minden site is in the flats just north of the sewage treatment plant (great place to build a new motel, eh?). I lose it somewhere between the fish hatchery and the Double Springs grade. I've never heard Wellington (Pine Grove) in that stretch, is there another site that I'm not aware of. In fact, I've never heard a peep out of Pine Grove.

There is a phone company microwave site up on the mountains to the west of Holbrook Junction that would cover this portion of highway better than Pine Grove does. Is there a site up in the Pine Nut Mountains I'm overlooking? I know that EDACS is similar to a Motorola Smartzone system in that a powered up radio must be within a site's coverage area to transmit or am I incorrect on that?

We only have the Southern California Edison Smartzone and Mammoth Mountain (old Type I) trunked systems in the county so EDACS is a strange animal to me.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I pick up some traffic on Slide, but it doesn't seem to be as much as Reno area sites. I've locked onto a busy talkgroup and switched from Slide to Peavine or Red and had Slide stay silent.

I've forgotten, are the state talkgroups carried on McClellan?

One last question about the NSRS in western Nevada, I know that the Minden site is in the flats just north of the sewage treatment plant (great place to build a new motel, eh?). I lose it somewhere between the fish hatchery and the Double Springs grade. I've never heard Wellington (Pine Grove) in that stretch, is there another site that I'm not aware of. In fact, I've never heard a peep out of Pine Grove.

There is a phone company microwave site up on the mountains to the west of Holbrook Junction that would cover this portion of highway better than Pine Grove does. Is there a site up in the Pine Nut Mountains I'm overlooking? I know that EDACS is similar to a Motorola Smartzone system in that a powered up radio must be within a site's coverage area to transmit or am I incorrect on that?

We only have the Southern California Edison Smartzone and Mammoth Mountain (old Type I) trunked systems in the county so EDACS is a strange animal to me.

Thats odd, as I said before I often listen to Slide as I hike my dog in the Galena/Timberline area and I never noticed any lost traffic when I switch from the Reno Simulcast (Peavine Mt & Red Mt). Are you sure you have all the updated frequencies and all TG's correct?

State TG's are on McCellan as far as I can tell FWIW.

I also have looked for a site that covers the area north of Holbrook Junction better, the only one I could find in the FCC db is ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQLG499 - NEVADA, STATE OF DEPT. OF TRANS. - Location 1, but I don't get anything on any of the frequencies although it has been awhile since have been down in that area. In my experience Minden seems to work well until the last downhill southbound towards 208 then Pine Grove is the site to use.

You are correct from what I understand on a radio needing to be associated with a site for it to transmit from what some previous posters have said in this forum.

gvranchosbill

I listen to Slide Mtn for most of Washoe County, its the strongest. McClellan NSRS doesnt have much Washoe County stuff on it except Truckee Meadows and Washoe Sheriff i hear on McClellan.
Slide Mtn is where i hear all of the WCRCS stuff, the downtown site may have more of WCRCS stuff of it but it is so weak hear that its not practicle to monitor. I can hear 002 Slide(WCRCS),022 McClellan(NSRS),023 Pine Grove(NSRS),Pinenut(NSRS),120 Muller Rd(NSRS),Bald(NSRS),Corey(NSRS) fair to excellent. I can give more detailed info if needed this is off the top of my head.
Pine Grove is active it seems unless NHP,NDOT or NV Energy are in that area it doesnt make a sound, however i have heard NHP south of yerington using it as well as the Bald Mtn & Corey pk sites.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I listen to Slide Mtn for most of Washoe County, its the strongest. McClellan NSRS doesnt have much Washoe County stuff on it except Truckee Meadows and Washoe Sheriff i hear on McClellan.
Slide Mtn is where i hear all of the WCRCS stuff, the downtown site may have more of WCRCS stuff of it but it is so weak hear that its not practicle to monitor. I can hear 002 Slide(WCRCS),022 McClellan(NSRS),023 Pine Grove(NSRS),Pinenut(NSRS),120 Muller Rd(NSRS),Bald(NSRS),Corey(NSRS) fair to excellent. I can give more detailed info if needed this is off the top of my head.
Pine Grove is active it seems unless NHP,NDOT or NV Energy are in that area it doesnt make a sound, however i have heard NHP south of yerington using it as well as the Bald Mtn & Corey pk sites.

Interesting Bill, that you are able to pick up Bald and Corey from the Gardnerville area. I can't pick up Corey from Mammoth. I am able to hear VHF frequencies from Corey quite well, but the 800 MHz frequencies don't come in at all. I'm able to pick up ham UHF from there as well. I wish I could hear the 800 MHz stuff as I would really like to hear what happening on the highways in Nevada. The Glass Mountain range is between me and Corey. With elevations above 9,000 feet it is blocking the more line of sight higher frequencies.

I think I have Pine Nut programmed into my Nevada file, but maybe not. With every EDACS site needing a separate bank in scanners, I'm not able to put but a few into my scanners, especially some of the previous generation ones like my PRO-96. That might explain my difficulty picking up the NSRS in the Double Springs area.

I wish Nevada has opted for a Motorola Smartzone system. I've programmed all the control frequencies for the Southern California Edison system and pick up the closest site no matter where I travel, from Visalia to Phoenix. It only needs one "system" configuration (including one list of frequencies) to do this. Having to take up one system for each site really limits me when I travel about Nevada. I would love to take a trip into Nevada to drive on the highways I haven't been on and to gather information about some of the sites that don't have confirmed control channel info on them listed in the database. That would take a couple of weeks and put a lot of miles on the car, something I don't do much anymore as the price of gas, mileage and the cost of replacing a car have gone up so much since our income has been reduced due to our early retirements.

Another thing I noticed about the database for the NSRS is that it lists the talkgroups of the old Sierra Pacific company and not the NV Energy (or whatever it used to be called) system in southern Nevada. It often seems as though if the organization's vehicles don't have red or red/blue lights on them no one takes an interest in the radio system. It is great that some time has been spent of figuring out the NDOT talkgroups however.

KF7RAY, I haven't had a chance to put the lat and long into my topographical software yet to determine where that site is on the license you gave me the link to. The microwave site west of Holbrook Junction is where the Douglas County south repeaters are located. The microwave backbone of the State of California is also there. The eastern Sierra loop of this system hops from Conway Summit to Pine Grove and then on to this site. From there it goes up to Scout Peak on the Lake Tahoe rim.

Slide Mountain has fewer frequencies on the Washoe County system so I've been assuming that it carries less traffic there than the Peavine or Red Mtn. sites. I may have noticed less traffic up there on just some of the talkgroups with busier dispatch talkgroups being equal to all three sites.

SCPD

QRT

Did you mean Pine Grove is inactive unless NHP, NDOT or NV energy are in that area?

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber

KF7RAY, I haven't had a chance to put the lat and long into my topographical software yet to determine where that site is on the license you gave me the link to. The microwave site west of Holbrook Junction is where the Douglas County south repeaters are located. The microwave backbone of the State of California is also there. The eastern Sierra loop of this system hops from Conway Summit to Pine Grove and then on to this site. From there it goes up to Scout Peak on the Lake Tahoe rim.

It looks like it should be on Wild Ota Mountain, that little peak north of Topaz Lake and South of 208: WQLG499 (NEVADA, STATE OF DEPT. OF TRANS.) FCC Callsign Details

I do see one antenna looking structure on it but haven't heard any traffic at all on any of the frequencies.

gvranchosbill

I dont know what that Wild Oat Site is other than it may be a planned site for future use and the money isnt there? I pick up nothing from it and it would give good coverage in the Southern part of Douglas Co. There is a Cell Tower up there and the road access is at the high point on 395 between the Lodge & the Jct 208.
Double Springs flat i use Slide Mtn it covers well there, and as i go down towards Topaz Lk i scan Corey,Pine Grove and Bald because it changes continuously and is eratic, sometimes Slide works better at 395 & 208.
Pinenut is weak at my place however if i point my yagi that way its about 75% to 80 %, i have a 6 element 800 mhz yagi as well as 1/4 wave and gain Mo mag mounts i use when listing to 800 mhz.
Today i was picking up Eagle and i dont usually pick up that site.
There are some mysterys i havent figured out yet, like NV Energy needs comms and their area is parts of Alpine Co and there is no site coverage that i know of for Markleeville.
Same with Topaz Lake at lake level there is no real signal to trunk track, at least last summer i couldnt get a decent signal from any 4 sites there and corey was the best even when pine grove was just to the east.
Mammoth Lakes area i have no suggestions except if you dont have an outside 800 mhz yagi it would help.
I use LMR400 Cable with mine, and i have it (Yagi) indoors at the moment, so im not really using it until i get another piece of LMR400, i have it tied up with my VHF or UHF gain antennas.
The old AUTOVON AT&T Site i believe is what Ex Smokey is refering to there is a GMRS Rptr up there that belongs to a radio guy in the stockton area and i have never heard anyone on it ever. Its WPUK932 462.7250/203.5 and its at the AUTOVON site.
I have something that baffles me and there is a UHF Link i think is down your way and it belongs to a mining operation in Mineral or Esmeralda Co although unconfirmed.(457.9750 / 452.9750 D411) i hear comms on the high side and on early morning i tried keying up on low side and it worked but that was a rare moment. I can not find any license info at all for it. Its just like a rptr only reversed. I thought it might go with
463.9750 / 468.9750 WQCZ738 141.3 John Davis Trucking Corey Pk, i hear this rptr clear sometimes and could click it too but rare.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I use LMR400 as well and I replace it as often as I can afford to. I have a older model Diamond amplified integrated antenna, that is, the shielding carries some power back up to the antenna itself.

I've forgotten the name of the road in the flats at the Double Springs "Summit". There are a number of homes out in that flat. Anyhow that road will take you to Leviathan Lookout and the site I've spoken of is very close or right on this road. I remember doing some lat-long locating of electronic sites shown on FCC licenses and I think some Douglas Co. licenses show a repeater up there using their south frequency.

That site would cover the Double Springs area and the grade down to Holbrook Junction, 208 up to Jack Wright Summit and all of TRE. It would also cover the Nevada side of Topaz Lake. It would make sense to locate a NSRS site there.

Status
Not open for further replies.