Unusual Radio Traffic on NSRS & WCRCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Tuesday AUGUST 21 2012

Today around 14:30 Hrs all NHP units coming on duty are switching from RNO-1 to PSLE-1 for unknown reasons, at the same time frame lots of chatter on REMSAC-2.
Just now heard that a special assignment is preparing to take place on PSLE-1 involving NHP.
NHP RNO-TAC-3 also being used.
Special assignment requires all units to be at assigned posts at 15:00 hrs using PSLE-1,RNO TAC-3.
REMSAC-2 may be involved also.
Now RTIA FIRE PRIMARY is very active also.
Just now heard that a VIP will be doing a flyover the Motorcade enroute to RTIA .
I dont know who is here again Obama again?
I havent heard who it is yet.
Going dedicated to radio, will be back to report findings.
Now hearing WCSO Units coming on and advising assignments re:"Rooftop ###" switching to PSLE-1.

Last edited:

gvranchosbill

Well i went outside to listen to the radio traffic and at 15:20 to 15:25 Hrs i heard a Jetliner winding down or whatever they are doing as they desend in altitude "Howling" i looked up and there he was again.!
Air Force on was moving at extreme speed and 40 miles out from RTIA, i could see Air Force One flying not straight, but just over Minden Nv it was banking towards the right and desending.
Commercial flights fly straight and level here without all the noise as they are preparing to land at RTIA.
Units on PSLE-1 just advised Air Force One coming in at RTIA at 15:35 hrs.
I understand at a minimum cost just for Air Force One to operate costs the Taxpayers $800.000.
That doesnt include all the costs of logistics,security(Local) etc!
Im not going to comment on this site, but im going to say im tired of this BS!
US 395 is now tied up right at the time people who have worked all day in the 90+ degree heat that may have to drive an hour or more want to go home and from personal experience "We dont want him here!"
I wish i had a fraction of the Millions and Billions he is just throwing around!
He claims he is here to talk about jobs and the economy! He's campaigning! He going to the Truckee Meadows Community College to try and sway young people with his lies!
Im done with my comments and going back to radio discusion.
PSLE-1 is going a mile a minute.
RTC Transit is shut down till 20:00 hrs tonight! Thanks BO.
I noticed one thing that stands out, when Clinto came here in the 1990's Air Force One was flying very low and quiet over the Pinenut Mtn Range.
Obama has been here at least 3 times that i personly know, and each time that plane was flying loud and fast!
Odd that one POTUS wants a quiet approach and the other is a bull in a china shop, it says something about the person that i already fact checked over and over again.
The turnout at TMCC College isnt what was expected i am hearing from KRNV-TV 4 live.

Last edited:

gvranchosbill

"potus" tmcc event / nsrs & wcrcs trunked

AUGUST 21 2012 RENO,NV

AFS.....TALKGROUPS.HEARD OBAMA CAMPAIGN EVENT
________________________________________________________________________________
01-057--REMSAC-02 800 MHZ PATCH to 460 MHz UHF MED CH'S WC-02...(POTUS STANDBY)
________________________________________________________________________________
02-107--PS-SHARE PUBLIC SAFETY INTEROPS...........................(SECURITY/POTUS EVENT)
02-116--PSLE-01.....PUBLIC SAFETY INTEROPS..(MOTORCADE/TRAFFIC CONTROL-LIASION)
02-117--PSLE-02.....PUBLIC SAFETY INTEROPS.......................................(SECURITY/POTUS)
03-081--RTIA FIRE PRIMARY...............................................(STANDBY FOR AIR FORCE ONE)
05-147--NHP RNO TAC-03 ..........................................................(SECRET SERVICE LIASION)
14-021--RTIA OPS-01....................................................................(AIRFIELD COMMS/POTUS)
14-032--RTIA MULTI-TAC-01.........................(AIR FORCE ONE/AIRFIELD SECURITY CHATTER)
14-152--PS-EVENTS-01..PUBLIC SAFETY INTEROPS...(SWAT-SHARPSOOTERS/ROOFTOPS)
This was plenty to listen too, i may have missed something.
17:55 Hrs Motorcade departing TMCC enroute Airfield.
17:57 Hrs Ops 1 Initiating Ramp Freeze (Airport Closed) Commercial Airliner inbound clear to land,
others must remain clear of airspace.
Ive had enough radio for now, i lked hearing SWAT rooftop snipers communicate with each other.
SWAT # 1,2,3 etc communicating with "Hawkeye"
Motorcade arriving on Airfield at 18:00 hrs and Agent in charge says Air Force One should be taking off very shortly
Im going back outside to use binos to observe AF1.

sigint1

Was: joking
Ignoring the political BS you spewed forth would like to point out a few things -
Cliinton used a 707 - not a 747 - your comparing apples and oranges when you talk about noise difference.

Your statement that RTC Transit was shut down is completely inaccurate - the bus route up to TMCC was closed as the area was closed to all vehicle traffic. The rest of RTC was operating normally.

I was getting on 395 North at the time the motorcade left the Airport - the on ramp from Plumb was blocked my NHP - it lasted a Whole 3-4 Minutes - once on I 580/395 traffic was not that heavy - I certainly was not tied up for an hour.

Although I was not a work for this particular visit I do work at the airport and have been involved in numerous POTUS/VPOTUS visits and the activity you listed is pretty much the normal protocol/activity level for such a visit.

As far as your statement about the cost to the taxpayers I can't see where a visit by Obama would be any significantly more or less expensive for the taxpayers than any other president or vice president no matter what party they may happen to belong to.

My two cents and there will be no more from me - Regards

gvranchosbill

No Comment im sure this post is closed, thanks Joking

I deleted this post after giving thought to unecessary comments direct at Joking and decided its not where political debates belong.
I had posted what seemed like an hour of defending my actions on political disgust,reasons why facts may have been taken out of context.
I was typing as radio was talking leaving not much for details in my post.
This post i just deleted had facts that proved dates times on certain issues,events etc.
But instead of throwing Fuel on a out of control fire, i decided to not increase a reason for closing this post.
There are facts to my post from the other day but i dont really think its neccessary to get into a trivial online fight.
All just say i had my reasons and only posted what i couldnt see but could hear radio comms and the ergency,frustration etc.
All Done moving on.
Could get rid of the title but i did get rid of the rebound post that was here.

Last edited:

gariac

If POTUS stayed at the White House, he would be accused of hiding in the Rose Garden like Jimmy Carter did during the Iranian hostage crisis. You can't win.

Just think how many day laborers could have been hired for the cost of flying GW Bush to Crawford to cut brush around the ranch!

Essentially both parties do it.

SCPD

QRT
It is a good idea for U.S. Presidents to travel. Everyone seems to complain that politicians go to Washington and forget what the rest of the nation is like. Then when they leave D.C. they are criticized. There hasn't been one individual president that has caused the type and extent of the security procedures involved when a president or vice president travels. A president that doesn't travel makes about as much sense as a Secretary of State that stays in the states, something the current Secretary has not done at all.

I used to get annoyed when some mucky muck would visit a fire and tie us up when we had enough work to do. Then I thought about it more and decided that the show of interest by these folks and the exposure the various agencies got was a good thing. The same is true with the media. I was once assigned to take a newspaper writer on a tour of the incident base. I had a great time explaining everything and enjoyed answering other questions about fire ecology, fire management and other agency matters. A series of 5 full articles came out in a southern California newspaper and was quite informative, or at least I was told as I never saw them.

It may not seem that such benefits could be accrued as the president travels, but just traveling and talking with people outside of D.C. may have more benefits for us all than you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.