las vegas snacc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I am in Las Vegas for a conference in and I have Las Vegas FD/E
S programed into my 396xlt. It is set for motorola 800/900 standard and it wii not track the data channel
I reset it to 800the splinter and it now locks onto the data cha..el but still in no sound. A.y help will be alpreciated. Thanks. Eugene

737mech

Premium Subscriber
snacc

Greetings. I am in Las Vegas for a conference in and I have Las Vegas FD/E
S programed into my 396xlt. It is set for motorola 800/900 standard and it wii not track the data channel
I reset it to 800the splinter and it now locks onto the data cha..el but still in no sound. A.y help will be alpreciated. Thanks. Eugene

Did you download the system from RRDB? Make sure you have trunk tables set to MOT custom or rebanded type II.

Last edited:

Eugene

Las Vegas snacc

Ah....I did not download from RRDB. I will check the tables. Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the typing. Using a droid with gross mismatch between fingers and keyboard.
Eugene kg4ave

Eugene

LAs Vegas snacc

I checked RRDB and see no bandplan to put into the scanner ( Base and offset). I guess I'm out of luck. It isn't a signal strength issue as I have 4 solid bars. Again thatnks for any help.
Eugene KG4AVE

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Trunk Tables

Ah....I did not download from RRDB. I will check the tables. Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the typing. Using a droid with gross mismatch between fingers and keyboard.
Eugene kg4ave

In freescan you should have a dropdown menu for site type, you need to use "MOT custom/reband type II." The other choices won't work (Splinter,motuhf,mot vhf.mot800,mot900,mot p25, etc)

Eugene

Thanks to all. I did try the bandplan Bob suggested....However it changed the TGID from decimal to AFS with no way to change it back, so the TGID's I programmed in were lost. Now I could at least use the scanner in "ID Search" but not "ID Scan." This would be ok except I dont necessarily want to hear maintenance at McArrin Airport. I also unfortunately do not have freescan as I didn't bring my laptop. I have been using the Hotel computers which I have found aint cheap, Oh well. At least I am close enough to monitor air traffic at the airport so all is not lost. Thanks agin for the help.
Eugene KG4AVE.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Entering the rebanding table does not affect or change the talkgroup format.
To change the talkgroup format:

Press Menu.
At 'Program System' press E/yes.
At 'Select System' scroll to the system that you want to edit and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Edit Sys Option' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set ID Format' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Decimal Format' or 'Hex Format' and press E/yes to save and exit.
That should do it

Bob

Last edited:

Eugene

Yeah....that's what I thought to. But when I do that and then enter a TGID in Decimal format it says " bad TGID'........It will not let me enter a TG in anything but AFS. Like I say...It will recieve in ID Search but not ID scan but the TGID displayed is in AFS format. The only other time I had this happen was trying to monitor the Atlanta supersystem and I had the same problem. The scanner I guess has it's limitations as to what it will do with some systems. I'm sure it is somehow operator error but I am about ready to throw it into the trash can so I think I will just resign myself to the fact that Las Vegas SNACC, like Atlanta, will unreadable with the 396 XLT. Thanks for the help and the patience.
Eugene KG4AVE.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Yeah....that's what I thought to. But when I do that and then enter a TGID in Decimal format it says " bad TGID'........It will not let me enter a TG in anything but AFS. Like I say...It will recieve in ID Search but not ID scan but the TGID displayed is in AFS format. The only other time I had this happen was trying to monitor the Atlanta supersystem and I had the same problem. The scanner I guess has it's limitations as to what it will do with some systems. I'm sure it is somehow operator error but I am about ready to throw it into the trash can so I think I will just resign myself to the fact that Las Vegas SNACC, like Atlanta, will unreadable with the 396 XLT. Thanks for the help and the patience.
Eugene KG4AVE.

Eugene-
try setting it for Hex mode and now use the RR pages hex format ID's. I don't know why it is not accepting the decimal ID's. The Clark system in my radio has decimal and it worked fine last year when I was there.
:confused:

Eugene

I tried that too with no success. I leave tomorrow so that as they say is that. It says in RR it is a Motorola smart zone system. It is sure smarter than I. Thanks for all the help. Take it easy. Maybe next time.
Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.