Obama's visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

Tomorrow President Obama will be here in Las Vegas. We have tickets and will be going to the venue (To protest!)
I was wondering where Air Force One will land and where to listen. I am just here on vacation so not familiar with the local freqs.
Thanks,
Ed

DCMon

"RadioReference.com"

Tomorrow President Obama will be here in Las Vegas. We have tickets and will be going to the venue (To protest!)
I was wondering where Air Force One will land and where to listen. I am just here on vacation so not familiar with the local freqs.
Thanks,
Ed

There is only one field that accepts 747's. Freqs are readily available if you look but most will be encrypted or unavailable. As for the politicking, these pages are for radio stuff. There is a politic page here for those that have a gripe. Consider yourself lucky to have a ticket, most republican events are closed door by invitation $$$ only.

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
It may land at KLAS (Mc Carran Intl.) they usually use the same frequencies as the airliners do coming in.

fasteddy64

Apparently I am too far from both airfields, I am hearing some aircraft but no ground stations.

I will keep listening.

Hooligan

There is only one field that accepts 747's. Freqs are readily available if you look but most will be encrypted or unavailable. As for the politicking, these pages are for radio stuff. There is a politic page here for those that have a gripe. Consider yourself lucky to have a ticket, most republican events are closed door by invitation $$$ only.

AF1 landed at McCarran. SAM 44 did not... It's always fun monitoring those "unavailable" freqs, and reading DCMon's gripes after he tells people to gripe in the politics forum!

fasteddy64

AF1 landed at McCarran. SAM 44 did not... It's always fun monitoring those "unavailable" freqs, and reading DCMon's gripes after he tells people to gripe in the politics forum!

Never heard AF1, but I was not really prepared to monitor this trip.

Did go to the venue for the speech, suffered through it for about 10 minutes and left!

Status
Not open for further replies.