NSRS activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why I can hear 02-026 on the NSRS in Vegas? Washoe Yellow? There must be something changing with this system. Maybe moving to a real "Statewide" coverage? Down here in Vegas we usually get 05-xxx for NHP units. Anyone else hear this tonight? Weird thing is the dispatcher is identifying as "Incline". So not a new group in Vegas using 02-xxx.

Last edited:

sigint1

Was: joking
Incline is the Washoe County Sheriff Substation at Incline Village (Lake Tahoe) They also dispatch Animal Control for the whole county as well as Tribal Units (including BIA) The Washoe EDACS has the capability of cross patching to NSRS - my SWAG (scientific wild *** guess) is that they may have been talking to a unit somewhere in a marginal area and possibly went to the NSRS to get better reception. The Talk groups are shared between the systems - for instance in the Reno metro area NHP uses the Washoe System instead of NSRS but with the same talk groups (EG 05-xxx} as they have on NSRS. Every so often the Three NHP dispatch centers (Elko, Carson City, Vegas) test their ability to dispatch the whole state and it is neat to be listening to the Washoe System when Carson City is testing that capability and hearing all the units especially the Vegas area - lot more going on down there than up here in Reno

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Nsrs

I hope this "Test" continues. I can still hear the 02-026 tonight. I know it's busy down here in LV but always cool to hear stuff from Reno as well.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
On the other side (of the state) I have been hearing NHP LV traffic on Patch 08-001 on the WCTS pretty much every morning around 8:30-9:00 or so. Nice to hear sometimes.

com501

What BOTH of those things mean, is someone in VEGAS is listening to that talkgroup, and someone in RENO is listening to the Vegas talkgroup while they commute.

Something ANY radio equipped with the correct talkgroups can do, although the sysadmins get pretty peeved when people continually tie up TGs for out of area traffic. If it is a patch talkgroup, someone in the comm center has patched it.

Frequently, Las Vegas will take Reno NHP dispatch and vice versa when there is a shortage or a system failure at one of the comm centers.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Nsrs

What BOTH of those things mean, is someone in VEGAS is listening to that talkgroup, and someone in RENO is listening to the Vegas talkgroup while they commute.

Something ANY radio equipped with the correct talkgroups can do, although the sysadmins get pretty peeved when people continually tie up TGs for out of area traffic. If it is a patch talkgroup, someone in the comm center has patched it.

Frequently, Las Vegas will take Reno NHP dispatch and vice versa when there is a shortage or a system failure at one of the comm centers.

Thanks for explaining that, I knew there was something in the system capabilities that could enable such comms. And for the novice listeners like myself it clears things up so I don't think my antenna or scanner is suddenly super long distance capable. Anything else you can share on the system would be appreciated. Most of us are lucky enough to hear it, maybe better if we understood it?

Status
Not open for further replies.