Nevada NOTAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
!HHR 11/014 ZLA AIRSPACE UNMANNED ACFT WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY
LAS035020 LAS035007 LAS290040 LAS310040 FL220/BLW WEF
1211091600-1211112300

The above NOTAM was issued over the weekend which seems to relate to UAV activity .
I am wondering if it was a full ADS B test

Anyone receive unusual comms ?

Thanks

John

737mech

Premium Subscriber
UAV Notam

!HHR 11/014 ZLA AIRSPACE UNMANNED ACFT WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY
LAS035020 LAS035007 LAS290040 LAS310040 FL220/BLW WEF
1211091600-1211112300

The above NOTAM was issued over the weekend which seems to relate to UAV activity .
I am wondering if it was a full ADS B test

Anyone receive unusual comms ?

Thanks

John

Best guess, they are not allowed to fly UAV's in FAA airspace (Got that info from a UAV PIlot at the Airshow) there were two UAV's at the show. Probably easier to fly them home to Creech than to take the wings off and truck them? It's just a small piece of class b airspace, not like it will get in the way of any airlines. Just a guess IMHO.

Many thanks , that sounds good to me , although General Atomic have started to test a full ADS B UAV within airspace according to recent reports.
Having said that , GA would not release details of the specific airframe used and refered me to the DHS.
DHS will not respond.

" there were two UAV's at the show"
Did you by any chance note their frame/tail numbers ?

gariac

I had posted that on the "black triangles" and aircomsouthwest groups. Nothing reported. I also made a kmz of the region:
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/hhr11_014.kmz
The region doesn't reach Nellis.Well unless I made a mistake or Nellis did. I used 15E for the magnetic compensation since they specified the LAS VORTAC.. [Nellis has a hell of a time occasionally converting zulu to local in their NOTAMs. Generally they are fine with position data.]

I set up planefinder.net, turned off the FAA feeds and that moronic "flight estimation" feature that caused false data. [BTW, planeplotter has the same stupid feature, though it may be called something else. I don't run planeplotter anymore due to persistent crashes so I don't recall what it is called.] I "watched" that region for two days, obviously using the 60x and occasionally 30x feature, not real time. I saw nothing orbit the designated area. For the air traffic that was displaying ADS-B, they were all heading around the east side of Mt. Charleston except for maybe one flight. Possibly ATC routed them that way. I'm going to review liveatc as time permits.

I also checked the live-military-mode-s.eu website and no odd spoofed codes.

Many thanks Gariac

I saw your post on BT and was hoping you might pop up here

I suspect PlanePlotter has moved on leaps and bounds since you used it...there's no reason why it should crash and the prediction button F9 is there for those that want to use it ....there's also have a hypershare
button which gives five second data updates where ever possible

I have saved the PP logs for both days just in case something of interest crops up at a later date...we can then refer back to them.

The full ADS B UAV test off the Florida coast took place on Aug 10.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Airshow UAVS

Many thanks , that sounds good to me , although General Atomic have started to test a full ADS B UAV within airspace according to recent reports.
Having said that , GA would not release details of the specific airframe used and refered me to the DHS.
DHS will not respond.

" there were two UAV's at the show"
Did you by any chance note their frame/tail numbers ?

The little one "Predator" was af 00-432 The Bigger one "Reaper" was af ??-637. Could barely make that out from a picture I took. It also had CH 432WG on the tail.

gariac

Many thanks Gariac

I saw your post on BT and was hoping you might pop up here

I suspect PlanePlotter has moved on leaps and bounds since you used it...there's no reason why it should crash and the prediction button F9 is there for those that want to use it ....there's also have a hypershare
button which gives five second data updates where ever possible

I have saved the PP logs for both days just in case something of interest crops up at a later date...we can then refer back to them.

The full ADS B UAV test off the Florida coast took place on Aug 10.
I'm here, BT, and abovetopsecret.

It's only been a few months since I used planeplotter, so I don't think it had time for leaps and bounds. Maybe a crawl. I got such god awful support from the vendor that I have simply written off my purchase. In fact, it was the worst support I ever got from a "garage shop" software house. Some of these garage shops are great, like Don Starr's Starsoft. The guy from planeplotter simply pronounced there is nothing wrong with the software and it must be my machine. He suggested running it on a different machine, but I built an intel atom with SSD just for the sbs box, so it needs to run on THAT machine. The program tries to access memory out of the allocated memory space. It is a very common bug that is easily tracked down if you compile the program in debug mode. However the vendor refused to compile the program in that mode. He also refused to return my money. Worse of all, after making the payment to Portugal, my Amex card got hacked a month later for a wild shopping spree in Paris. I'm now totally leery of garage shops that don't use paypal. I understand why since paypal does chargebacks if the customer is screwed. If your product is a bit flaky, paypal could be a problem.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. I'm going to download the liveatc and then time compress them (take out the gaps) and hopefully discover a funny callsign. It's kind of mind numbing, so I put the audio on my phone and use it as background when hiking.

Status
Not open for further replies.