Moapa Tribal Police on SNACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rams91744

Picked this up this morning and have been listen all day . Not a lot of traffic but sounds like Moapa tribal PD. Has anyone else heard this ? DEC is ( 19312 )

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
Yes. digital voice?

I've gotten hits on couple digital TGs in the 19000 range that I think are related to the Indian colony.
I think I got 19632, 19664 and 19696 as well as 19312.not sure if the 196** are the same agency as 19312

I've heard stuff related to gymnasium, banquet hall, etc. lots of stuff abut interior and exterior doors being checked and "no violations" being found.

One TG (I think 19312) had a pedestrian stop at the smoke shop and another was a vehicle stop. I don't know if the Moapa police are the same ones with jurisdiction at the smoke shop or the colony.

rams91744

I heard a traffic stop on I-15 at mile marker 94 last night and a lot of talk about alarm check at the administration building and " the bar " .

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I-15/94 would certainly be Moapa area.

I originally thought these were LV Indian Colony (LV Paiute Police) because one of the notes I had on the TGs had the word "colony". I don't remember what they were talking about and I have trouble following some the calls because my BCD396XT suffers from dropouts on the NLV Simulcast site with these digital TGs,

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, they can ticket you if you are on I-15 and in the reservation boundaries. They run SUVs with K-band radar.

Great fireworks selection at their store.

blackhawk

Premium Subscriber
I can't speak for 19312 but as far as 19632 (Dispatch) and the TGs above that, are for the College of Southern Nevada. They have two campuses, one on Cheyenne and the other on Charleston. They usually start the transmission with "Cheyenne" or "Charleston". I have not had a chance to really figure out the channels but they have referred to a tactical channel a few times.

Last edited:

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I can't speak for 19312 but as far as 19632 (Dispatch) and the TGs above that, are for the College of Southern Nevada. They have two campuses, one on Cheyenne and the other on Charleston. They usually start the transmission with "Cheyenne" or "Charleston". I have not had a chance to really figure out the channels but they have referred to a tactical channel a few times.

That makes sense. That would explain all the talk about interior doors, etc.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
are they p25 digital?

It's definitely digital, not VSELP, is decodeable by my BCD396XT, and seems to be native to the SNACC SmartZone TRS, ie., not a digital patch into an analog TG .

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/23.0.1271.100 Mobile/10B143 Safari/8536.25)

blackhawk said:

Do you know if the Henderson campus is on the main talk group too? I saw CSNPD out at a softball tournament in Henderson but could not find their TGID anywhere in the database. I didn't know if they were on the SNACC, conventional or something else.

So just confirming CSNPD is on the SNACC, but the P25 side and won't be heard by my BC346?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
19632 snacc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/23.0.1271.100 Mobile/10B143 Safari/8536.25)

Do you know if the Henderson campus is on the main talk group too? I saw CSNPD out at a softball tournament in Henderson but could not find their TGID anywhere in the database. I didn't know if they were on the SNACC, conventional or something else.

So just confirming CSNPD is on the SNACC, but the P25 side and won't be heard by my BC346?

I can hear 19632 just like any other talkgroup on the SNACC, it's not P25. It's not encrypted.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I think it's Motorola ASTRO IMBE.

Unitrunker confirms these TGs are digital, so I'm assuming they're 'native' to the SNACC Smartzone system, and the voice is unmistakably digital.

If I understand the specs of the BC346, they won't be able to decode it.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
SNACC

I tried to load those talkgroups on the BCT-15X and sure enough no joy? This is a new thing for the SNACC. My PSR500 can hear them just fine, I tried running ProComm96 while they were talking, nothing came up so there is where I don't think they are P25. Unitrunker shows all kinds of info but not directly the talkgroups id's? It did show MOT 4A36 (SNACC) Site 12. Now if I can just figure out how to program a wildcard for new digital only tgids on the PSR500. Bikinjohn you're out of luck with the 346 on these. Maybe find a Pro-106 on ebay?

bfperez keep up the good work, I think this is the first new digital add on's to the SNACC and who knows what other agency may join?

Dick33

The 4 new talk groups are not P25 they are mixed mode digital (Astro) off the 4A36 system. One talk group is for the Piute police and the other Three are the CCSN campus security.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
BTW, I'm also seeing occasional traffic on 19760 and 19728 came up once whil I was listening.

So far, we've got these that are all apparently CSN:

X

xts3000r

you cant run mix mode on motorola trs. its digital or analog not both.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The 4 new talk groups are not P25 they are mixed mode digital (Astro) off the 4A36 system.

Unless its a really old system, Astro is P25 digital.

Astro was just Motorola's name for digital voice. In the early days it used vselp but when the P25 standard was released, they changed to IMBE. There are very few old systems left that run VSELP. If this is a Motorola system, than chances are its running P25 voice.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
you cant run mix mode on motorola trs. its digital or analog not both.

Yes, you can run analog or digital on a Motorola trunking system together. There's at least a thousand systems already out there doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.