How or where to get programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicksinner

Premium Subscriber
I bought a radio shack triple trunking scanner for my father a few years ago. Programmed it myself back then, but I guess some or all of the frequencies have changed. I'm primarily looking for NLV city channels. Is it still possible to pick up NLV on this scanner. If so, is it still the same steps to program it through win96.
Better yet, is there somewhere that does the programming? I did all this two plus years ago so I'm pretty rusty with the software and the scanner. Any help here would be great. Thanks!!!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I bought a radio shack triple trunking scanner for my father a few years ago. Programmed it myself back then, but I guess some or all of the frequencies have changed. I'm primarily looking for NLV city channels. Is it still possible to pick up NLV on this scanner. If so, is it still the same steps to program it through win96.
Better yet, is there somewhere that does the programming? I did all this two plus years ago so I'm pretty rusty with the software and the scanner. Any help here would be great. Thanks!!!

The win96 program isn't that hard. Not much has changed in NLV in the last few years. The SNACC county system is in the database above. If you would rather pay somebody go over to AES on Polaris they can program it. What do you hear now with the current programing?

quicksinner

Premium Subscriber
The win96 program isn't that hard. Not much has changed in NLV in the last few years. The SNACC county system is in the database above. If you would rather pay somebody go over to AES on Polaris they can program it. What do you hear now with the current programing?

I read on here that rebanding could make this Radio Shack Pro 97 Triple Trunking scanner obsolete. From what I can tell the original program that I installed into the scanner, but I'm getting nothing on the trunking channels. All the TGID's are the same, and match the database. Has SNACC rebanded? Because if thats the case I'm SOL right?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I read on here that rebanding could make this Radio Shack Pro 97 Triple Trunking scanner obsolete. From what I can tell the original program that I installed into the scanner, but I'm getting nothing on the trunking channels. All the TGID's are the same, and match the database. Has SNACC rebanded? Because if thats the case I'm SOL right?

It seems that way yes, no support for rebanding, sorry I was thinking you had the Pro-96 and using the WIN96. The new trunking table can't be tracked by the PRO-97 according to the WIKI here. The EDACS stuff for the NHP should still work, and any conventional channels in town. As far as the SNACC yes it was rebanded and has a custom mot type II rebanded trunk table.

Status
Not open for further replies.