Las Vegas Simo site

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Range observation for LV Simo.

I spent sometime in LV area over the weekend, traveling both ways from AZ to Los Angeles. I scan for NHP along the way and noticed that the LV Simo site does fine downtown, but lousy starting around the racetrack north on I-15. I noticed Sloan was crisp and clear much farther north than LV Simo, which is odd because the site itself is much farther south. I surmise that the transmitter for LV Simo is on the low power side.

I plan to ditch LV Simo and use Sloan as a blanket coverage until I get north in range for Overton. My goal is to use the fewest sites possible on my travels to avoid over-scanning of a large number of quiet or out-of-range channels.

3mary2

You might try the Rio Hotel site instead of or including Sloan site. The Rio site does a good job of covering the Vegas Valley for me. It's close to I-15 so it reaches out.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
The one thing I can think of is that the sites that make up the LV Simulcast are lower to the ground than Sloan.

I always try to get Sunrise because it carries all the channels. On I-15 driving towards Primm, I alternate between Sloan and Potosi. Angel Peak is a viable candidate if you're north as well.

I"m just using a BCD396XT sitting in a cupholder, so a person with an external antenna or better mounting could probably just hear any one site the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.